Hello

Started by Declaration Day, April 26, 2008, 10:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declaration Day

Hello everyone, new guy here.  

My name is Bryan, I'm 30 years old and live in Redford, just outside of Detroit.  I'm fairly new to Jeeps, but have been wrenching on cars since I was 14.  I bought my first Jeep, a 1995 YJ last August, and have been slowly learning the ins and outs of it as time permits (and parts fail  :lol:).  I haven't done any serious off-roading, as my rig needs some more mods that I haven't been able to afford just yet.  I'm hoping to get some good tips and recommendations from you guys.

Though I'm stuck living in SE Michigan, I own a nice chunk of woods in Ogemaw county (near Rose City) with trails and a shooting range, where I camp with family and friends every chance I get.

Here's a pic of my Jeep from my last trip there:

I hope to make it to your next meeting, make some new friends and eventually join up!

longarm

Hello Bryan and welcome.  You sound like you have a great piece of land.  Wheeling and Guns.   A couple of my favorite things.  ::woot::   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Paul Hittie

Got seat belts, tow points, a CB and a tank of gas?  It's a Jeep, shouldn't need much more to go have fun with it.  You can have a great time in a stock Jeep.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

Welcome to the addiction!!!

ouchman

welcome  ::Jeep::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

naypalm

Welcome to the site! ::woot::

dbikers

welcome  ::woot::
love the color scheme of your heep!
we've done some wheelin' up in that neck of the woods, both 2 wheeling and 4 wheeling (at ogemaw and some of the orv roads up there).
As far a upgrades, all i can tell you is whatever it is used grade 8 hardware to mount it!!!
Hope to see you at our next mtg...
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

Declaration Day

Quote from: "dbikers"welcome  ::woot::
love the color scheme of your heep!

Thanks!  It was originally all black, so I bought a spice top and painted it OD in my garage.

Yager

Welcome! Yeah, you have a YJ man, it's commonly accepted that the YJ, even stock, can pretty much rule the trails, unlike jeeps with round headlights, which need extensive modification to perform at the level of the YJ.  ::woot::
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

NewRide

Welcome to the site !! Nice to see another YJ joining in !! Hope to see you soon.
 ::Jeep::  ::Jeep::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Declaration Day

Quote from: "Yager"Welcome! Yeah, you have a YJ man, it's commonly accepted that the YJ, even stock, can pretty much rule the trails,

I've heard that before.  :lol:   Well anyway, I do need some tires soon and tow hooks.  I'll get on that as soon as cash allows.

Major Mud

Quote from: "Yager"Welcome! Yeah, you have a YJ man, it's commonly accepted that the YJ, even stock, can pretty much rule the trails, unlike jeeps with round headlights, which need extensive modification to perform at the level of the YJ.  ::woot::
[waiting for Harely to chime in]  ::ouch:: [/waiting for Harley to chime in]

nobodycares

Welcome aboard.
see ya on the trails ::Jeep::

Anonymous

They can say what they want  ::poke::

Nosilla

Welcome