Mounds Thanksgiving Day Can Food Drive '09

Started by TechJeeper, November 05, 2009, 10:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplesscj7

It sounds like things went pretty good. We are Up North in Hillman for the long week end. My Mom called from Oscoda yesterday to ask if we were at the Mounds. She saw some coverage on TV of the event. News State wide thats cool guys, job well done  ::woot::

Paul Hittie

Finally tally on cash was $331 including some late paypal donations and a late check we received.  Everything was delivered this morning.  I did not think to stick around for a final weight, we should call and get it so we have a mark to meet or beat next year.

FYI that cute little trailer is a miserable SOB to back up.  I also replaced the nut and screw arrangement with a locking pin.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Quote from: "phittie1100"Finally tally on cash was $331 including some late paypal donations and a late check we received.  Everything was delivered this morning.  I did not think to stick around for a final weight, we should call and get it so we have a mark to meet or beat next year.

FYI that cute little trailer is a miserable SOB to back up.  I also replaced the nut and screw arrangement with a locking pin.

w00000000t!

I emailed Kara to see if they record totals for donations.

Thanks for dropping it off paul!

LPM606

That's outstanding.  It is very exciting to be a part of something like this.  Thanks to everyone for their participation and donations!

ricochet1987

Quote from: "phittie1100"Finally tally on cash was $331 including some late paypal donations and a late check we received.  Everything was delivered this morning.  I did not think to stick around for a final weight, we should call and get it so we have a mark to meet or beat next year.

you got that right paul now you know what i had to deal with in atlanta lmao ...but thats great that it turned out great....im gonna go look for the story sicne i didn't catch it tday since i was so tired from turkey...."IM THANKFUL FOR MY JEEP NOT SINKING JUST BOTTOMING OUT IN MUD!!!"
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

TechJeeper

Talked to the lady from the foodbank today, our totals were $331 in cash and 575 lbs of food!!!!!!! w00t!  Thanks to everyone who came and donated!!!

LPM606

Wow! That is really cool.  I know those boxes were pretty heavy, but I never would have guessed almost 600 pounds of food.  Clearly this was our most succesfull year ever!

Paul Hittie

Sets the bar pretty high for next year. doesn'i it?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Next year will only get better! :-)

I read somewhere that with a food drive, its aprox 1.28# per meal, so thats 450 meals, plus aprox 2 meals per dollar ($1=$14) so thats $331 x 2 = 662 meals.  So thats 1112 meals we created this drive! WOW!

ricochet1987

Quote from: "Gr8archer"Next year will only get better! :-)

I read somewhere that with a food drive, its aprox 1.28# per meal, so thats 450 meals, plus aprox 2 meals per dollar ($1=$14) so thats $331 x 2 = 662 meals.  So thats 1112 meals we created this drive! WOW!
wow that is great!!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

TechJeeper