May 15 Trail Clean Up

Started by hemrides, April 29, 2010, 05:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemrides

Is there more infomration about this event.  Sorry if I missed it on the forum.  I saw it is 05/15, what time and where are folks meeting.  I am trying to make it for the day.  HAve never been to Atlanta...would like to help out & meet folks.  

Thanks,
Dave

LPM606

All the info on the trail maintenance is contained in the member forums.  It is more of a club service event than a recreational outing, so we don't have it on the public forums.  Having said that, another set of hands would be welcome and it would be great to meet another Jeeper.   Have you done trail maintenance before?  This is not a litter pick-up, but DNR trail maintenance... Just want to make sure you know what you are volunteering for... We clear fallen branches or trees, trim back branches, replace signs, etc.  It's not back-breaking work, but it can be a long day that wipes you out pretty good...

We have a meeting this Sunday at Sharky's in Burton and a club picnic next saturday in Davison.  If you can make it to either of those you could meet a lot of the crew and we could fill you in.  If neither of those work, and you are still interested in coming up to Atlanta, just post up and we can give you details.

naypalm

Your more than welcome to join us, Dave. We'll be meeting up at the Natural Resources Department @ 9am Saturday morning right by the trailhead.

The address is :

13322 M 33
Atlanta, MI 49709

GPS Coordinates :

45.033458, -84.162411 or
+45° 2' 0.45", -84° 9' 44.68"

CB Channels : 12 or 32

Suggestions for stuff to bring :
4x4 vehicle, CB radio, Gloves, Lopers, Chainsaw, Weedwacker, gascan, cooler for Food/Water, bugspray, sunscreen, coat/hat, etc.

Google maps location

DNR maps location

jeepfan1974

and if your camping with doug earplugs are a must !!
Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

lol that and a loud enough alarm clock :S

hemrides

Sorry I couldn't make the meeting tonight.  As of now I don't have to work that weekend so I will do my best to come for the day.  I have worked trail maintenacne with the ATV clubs before, so I undersatnd what we will be doing.  Thanks for the meeting information.  I will mark the GPS coordos. on my NUVI.  Hope to see you on the 15th.

Thanks,

Dave

naypalm

One change: we will be meeting up at 9am instead. Hope to see ya up there!

hemrides

One more question about the trail Maintenance.  I may be heading home from riding my ATV in the UP.  Would I be able to go with you on my ATV to perform the trail maintenance?  

Thanks,

Dave

Paul Hittie

Your ATV or whatever you tow your ATV behind would be fine - the gnarliest terrain we encounter in the Atlanta area on the ORV Routes are a couple of muddy puddles if the weather has been wet.  I think min 95% can be run in a 2wd pickup.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Okay, so whats the plans?  Where are we staying?  Who's going when?

Looks like mid-high 60s, perfect weather up there this weekend.

If anyone needs supplies hauled up I will have the enclosed trailer, let me know.

jeepfan1974

i am coming up friday somtime dont know who with or what im driving yet but i will be there i think maybee  :D
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Jonathon and I are coming up late on Friday with our camper, staying at Clear Lake State Park.  I want to try and get to the storage shed to at least inventory supplies Friday night so that if we need stuff from Roscommon or Mio we can have someone grab it on their way up Saturday morning.  Or if you guys get there before me on Friday, call me and let me know I can make a stop on my way Friday night.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

hemrides

Well...I'm a newbee..but I plan to meet you @ 09:00.  Not sure if I will have my ATV or Jeep...but will be there.  

Dave

TechJeeper

I will have extra seats in the ZJ, leaving Friday evening.

naypalm

Derrick and I will be heading up Friday at noon. We will be at the Clear Lake campground thru Sunday.