Rocks & Valleys Jan 1 2011

Started by Paul Hittie, December 05, 2010, 06:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Who's in?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Man, I'd like to, but I don't think my xj would make some of the trail vids I've seen. Anyone been there in the winter?

LPM606

I'm in.  This will be the morning after some potentially heavy drinking... are you going to brutalize us with some ungodly crack-o-dawn meeting?  (somehow I already know the answer to this...)

jeepfan1974

sounds fun and cold
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

They are open 10am-5pm - we can leave at 10am and still have 5 hours to play....unless you don't plan to sober up until noon!

NewRide

Why would we want to be sober ?!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Herezja

I am going to try....will know better a little closer to the date. If I do go, I will probably meet you all there.

LPM606

I'd be up for leaving at 9:00 so we arrive just after opening... If we're going to pay $20 to get in, we might as well maximize our time... I just was hoping not to have to leave the house at 6:00 am or anything...

derrick.wheelock

im not going ot make it bc i am going to cadillac to go snowmobiling!!!!

derrick.wheelock

looks like i am going now bc it is gonna be 40 friday with rain up in cadillac, lol so ya i looked up directions and it said to get off up there in claire county i believe a little north of saginaw on 127 so ya i'll meet yalll there

LPM606

I have decided to sit this one out and save my energy for SnoFari at the end of the month.  Sorry to ditch at the last minute!

Paul Hittie

:cry:

derrick.wheelock

:o

Paul Hittie

R&V was definitely worth the trip, Jonathon, Derrick and I rode together.  They only have a couple of "stock" trails, but the green circle marked trails would be good if you wanted a scratch-free, mishap-free outing.  The blue square trails were fun, especially with a sloppy mix of mud and snow on the ground.  None of the waterholes we encountered were impassable.  We played by ourselves most of the time, and with my AT tires on slick trails we stayed off of the black diamond difficult trails except for a couple of hill climbs (which we failed).  Some of the black diamond trails were marked 35"/locker required, but the bits and pieces we could see looked like a lot of them would be doable when there was no snow.  Good trip, sorry the rest of you couldn't make it.

Paul Hittie

We dropped off Jonathon and our new friend Brian (son of one of the park rangers) at the edge of one of the "bowls" to take some pictures while Derrick and I played for a bit.  Jonathon got a good one of us trying really hard to roll the Jeep down a slimy hill climb, I'll get it posted tomorrow.