Dunes Blessing and Festival

Started by LPM606, February 12, 2016, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

The weekend of Saturday June 4th and Sunday the 5th they are doing an event at Silver Lake Sand dunes that we might be interested in...

When I first saw the link for a first annual "Jeep Invasion" at the Dunes I thought it was just basically a marketing ploy to get a bunch of business in the area.  While it certainly is that still, I have Found that this is planned for the weekend where they do a "Dunes Blessing" which is actually in its 5th year I think and then I saw that they are doing a "Tunes, Brews & Dunes Festival" Saturday afternoon/evening with the actual blessing event scheduled Sunday at noon.  So, it seems like there is actually some cool stuff to do rather than it just being named Jeep invasion weekend and expecting us all to rush out there because the word Jeep is in the title of the event.

We don't have anything on our calendar for June Yet, though we may do the 4x4 class again the last weekend, so this might be a nice chance for those that can't make the July trip to go out as a group to the Dunes or an extra fun weekend the throw in for the summer if you want to do both since it is a good 6 weeks before the July Trip.

https://www.facebook.com/events/421341988075068/

https://www.facebook.com/events/638967029574423/

bullhed78

This sounds like fun. I will run it by the wife.

alan6271

Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

This event looks really fun to me.  I like the blessing and festival mixed with some silver lake sand dunes idea.   It seems like it might fit in a lull of activity too.  I don't know what we were planning for sure for the end of May or beginning of June.  The Mesick Jeep blessing is a month before this. 

Bill has expressed interest in going.  The Hideaway campground and resort is a sponsor so i have an email into them to find out the details for camping.  Anyone interested?
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

LPM606

I would go... was going to propose this as our official event for June at the next meeting...

alan6271

Okay.  I'm going to call them tonight to see if I can't get some information on reserving sites.

alan6271

So this is what I've found out from the campground:

As mentioned by Ed, this is the Hideaway Campground.  For reservations or deposits call 813-355-3472

Electric/water pull through sites will be 35.00
  Electric/water sites will be 30.00
  electric only sites will be 28.00
  non electric sites will be 25.00

These prices are with a 5.00 off per night for the jeep invasion. also
if you stay at the campground we will be having a band Friday night and
a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning.

We are going to go.  Is anyone else going?

StingRay66

Where is your sight?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

alan6271

I actually don't know the number.  I'm thinking we can all reference were with what lies beyond jeep club and he can put us together.

alan6271

I talked to Sandi this morning.  They will put us together if you call and reference what lies beyond jeep club.  813-355-3472 is the number to call.  We're for sure going.

Paul Hittie

Unless Jonathon has finals that following we week we are in, otherwise just me. 
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

alan6271

Quote from: Paul Hittie on February 20, 2016, 01:34:42 PM
Unless Jonathon has finals that following we week we are in, otherwise just me.

excellent.  I look forward to hanging with you.

J's Jeep

We have made reservations at the Hideaway as well for 6/3-6/5.

LPM606

Looks like they finally posted some details a couple weeks back... The official invasion stuff looks like it is kicking off at the golfcourse Friday night and Saturday morning.  See attached schedule.

LPM606

And here is a little more info on the music fest thing Saturday...

http://www.bluesbrewsdunes.com/