Stuck of the month award

Started by LPM606, May 01, 2012, 07:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

I saw a feature on another clubs forum that was the "Stuck of the Month" or some such thing.  Would it be possible to set up one of the tabs to have this where there would be the best picture we have from our most recent outing of somebody stuck really bad... We could also open it up for others to submit their pictures as nominations for stuck of the month... We could try to think of a jazzier name, but you get the idea.  Of course, I would have to nominate myself for April as I was the only one to get stuck at Silver Lake (Does that mean I was the only one "truly" wheeling?)Thanks to Ryan for preserving the moment in pictures!

Maybe we can talk about it at our meeting Sunday...

gogolen

I'll second your nomination for stuck

But, I do not think you were the only one "truly" wheeling, just maybe the only one "truly" too easy on the skinny pedal ::).  Just kidding, you were in a tight spot there, I think had you had a little more room no strap would've been necesary.

LPM606

That picture shure doesn't look like I'm in a bad spot, but for some reason pics never show the "steepness" of grade.  That was a nice little pit I was in with deep sand.  I swear its basically the same spot I got stuck in last year only I was pointed the other direction...

Paul Hittie

Quote from: LPM606 on May 01, 2012, 07:03:18 PM
Of course, I would have to nominate myself for April as I was the only one to get stuck at Silver Lake (Does that mean I was the only one "truly" wheeling?)

No I would have to say you are the only one in danger of getting stuck in their own driveway ROFL!  Look at the picture, you were on flat ground?!?

Seriously, I like the idea of a best stuck of the month - the Two Trackers have a monthly "Turkey" award that passes from member to member based on who has done the most knuckle-headed thing in the last month. 

The downside is we have to get out at least once a month to create those opportunities, and even though we talk about having some kind of trip planned each month (even if just to the Mounds) we have some months where we do not have a scheduled trail ride/park run. 
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

gogolen

I'm failing to see the downside.

LPM606

If not monthly, it could just be a title held until you are supplanted by the next knucklehead...  Plus, with more eyeballs on the pages lately, you might get non-club members sending in pics just because its the kind of thing thats cool to share...Lets finalize details at the meeting Sunday...Everyone come with a suggestion for a name for the "honor" and we'll talk to Cody about getting it set up...

Paul Hittie

How about a Beetle Bailey award? 
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Not a bad idea, I remember when Brian used to run the Rig of the Month contests over at the old site MJ.org.