Please Pray....

Started by TechJeeper, May 01, 2008, 03:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Update:

She starts chemo tommorow morning.  Instead of going through having her hair fall out, she got it shaved today and a wig.  I have to be honest, it was hard seeing her in a wig...

She is doing great though, her spirits are high.

ouchman

good to hear cody, remember, my wife does wigs too, im sure shell donate some time to do hers if she needs it
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

My aunt fought non-Hodgkins lymphoma for a number of years, including several different rounds of chemotherapy.  All of them made her hair fall out to one degree or another, and I think she struggled with that as much or more so than the other side effects of the treatments.  I think it's easier for men since we all assume we will lose some or all of our hair as we age, but tougher on women.  Tell her to hang in there (you too!).

On a side note, my aunt's hair got curlier with every round, and since she spent most of her adult life using rollers in her hair she found this amusing.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

Hope she does well Cody.

longarm

Still praying for her Cody.  Just keep reassuring her that she will be fine and she looks great.  Not a false reassurance, but sincere.  My aunt went through cancer but has a warped sense of humor about it.  Last Christmas she was passing around her wig for everybody to try on.  So we were all taking turns wearing it, getting pics, and drinking beer playing cards, ect.....  She was a real trooper about it.  Your mom will be fine Cody, with todays medical technology, she will pull through.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

TechJeeper

Update...

My mom went into the ER yesterday after fighting with an infection for a couple weeks now.  Right now she is in a room at Genesys, her white blood cell count is a little low and she had a 104 temperature.   They are treating her and say the have the infection under control.    Despite the fever, she is feeling a lot better than when she went in yesterday.  They are keeping her through Monday at the earliest, and she finds out if she has to have surgery to remove the rest of the infection...

She is keeping a real positive attitude and I know she is strong and will get through this.

On a side note, the couch things in the rooms at the hospital are the most uncomfortable things to sleep on, I tried last night, lol.

Time for sleep...
Cody

Nosilla

She is in our thoughts Cody.

Make sure you tell her we are all pulling for her.

94_xj_country

x2
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Anonymous

you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers as well.  I remember Chris saying those bench thingees were mighty uncomfortable as well.  I wouldn't know, I had the bed :mrgreen:

Keep us posted and let us know what we can do to help.

TechJeeper

Yet again, spent the day in the hospital with my mom... This morning we were getting ready to go to eat with the rest of the family, she was sitting on the couch, looked out the window, started saying "they are here" over and over, crying and not responding to us, we called 911 she then snapped out of it.  We have been in the ER since about noon.   She will do good for an hour or two then have another episode...  So far they have done a cat scan and blood tests, all came back clean...  So far it is gearing towards a new medication they put her on a couple days ago...  

It's really hard to see her like this, right now they have her in an observation room.  

I will keep you updated, please pray for us...

Thank you for all the support...

Cody

Nosilla

We are all with you Cody.

Anonymous

continued thoughts and prayers headed your way.  One thing I did when my dad was on all sorts of meds and kind of out of it was do lots of google searches on what they were giving him so I could ask intelligent questions as well as challenge the "standard lines" they were giving me.

Not sure it will help you, but it made me feel better and helped me understand why he believed he was in Florida in the mid 40's and telling me to "get out of the heat" when it was Christmas day in Michigan.  It also helped me to cut through the crap the nurses were feeding me (not that it was their fault--they were doing what they were trained) so that I could finally get the doc to call me and talk turkey, if you will.  

It sucks when a parent is "out of it" and you feel helpless.  Let us know what you need and what we can do to help.  

Even if you just need a place to get away from it all.  We'll do our best.

NewRide

Sorry that you are having to go through this . If you need anything let us know .....
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

94_xj_country

Quote from: "dbikers"Cody,
There are no words to convey my (our) thoughts to you and your family.  It's kind of a hard thing to talk about but please know that your mother and family are in our thoughts and prayers.  If you need anything don't hesitate to let us know.

x2, we're thinking of you guys down here
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

TechJeeper

First off, I thank this club for the support and kind words, its hard for sure...

Good news!  She is home.  They are almost positive it was the medication, and since early this morning / last night she has been fine.  They did an MRI, EEG, Catscan, ect just to be sure, all came back A-OK.

Thanks again,
Cody