ricochet1987's brake issue

Started by NayPalm, October 11, 2009, 08:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

Problem :

Back drum's lock up after pushing brake pedal all the way to the floor. Front brakes do not catch at all.

What He has done thus far :

He replaced the back drum's and the line, and the front calipers and rotors. The lines have been bled and there is not a clog. Last night he put it up on jacks all around and started it up and pressed on the brake, the back wheels lock up, the front wheels are loose and are not catching. SO this morning/afternoon Derrick replaced his master cylinder and the problem still exists.

Any ideas, YJ ppl?

ricochet1987

front wheels are grabbing now but it has like hardly any pressure....back wheels still do lock up....i also checked the power booster and it is working normal like where you pump the brake then start it and it goes down...it acts like it has a leak somewhere but cant figure out where and the fluid in the master dont go down when i pump them ...like if there was a leak
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

jeepfan1974

proportioning valve  or bad master cylinder
Let\'s go wheeling!

NewRide

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"proportioning valve  or bad master cylinder

X2 !!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Herezja

Quote from: "NewRide"
Quote from: "jeepfan1974"proportioning valve  or bad master cylinder

X2 !!

Try rebuilding the proportioning valve, if you can. I had the same issue with mine, even after I bled the brakes and installed a new master cylinder. Turn out that the proportioning valve had to be "rebuilt" and cleaned in the process.

ricochet1987

apparently it was the calipers were switched...i put the new ones right on left and left on right..i never thought that mattered
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Herezja

Quote from: "ricochet1987"apparently it was the calipers were switched...i put the new ones right on left and left on right..i never thought that mattered

Hmmm....good to know.   :)