Dana 30 Carangage! (WITH PICS!)

Started by TechJeeper, November 19, 2009, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

So coming home from work Monday night, I managed to blow my front axle up.

I have a replacement D30 lined up, and ordered a locker for it.  I should have them by the end of the month.

Now for the carnage pictures I promised!

jeepfan1974

wow bummer
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Dang - weren't even having fun when it happened?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

Dang - weren't even having fun when it happened?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

FYI you shouldn't be using 4 WD on dry pavement.

Sorry to here this happened.  ::ouch::

TechJeeper

Wasnt using 4wd when it happened.

jeepfan1974

a case of duct tape and some gorilla glue ought to fix it
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

So tomorrow I am going to begin the disassemble.  I will be over at doug's for a while if anyone wants to lend a hand :P

NXT-LVL

We call that a Red Neck Ring Gear! Too bad.
Solving problems one target at a time.......

TechJeeper

Quote from: "NXT-LVL"We call that a Red Neck Ring Gear! Too bad.

All is well, found a great deal on a d30 with all new break components (rotor, calipers and pads) and all new ujoints and hubs.  Bought a Spartan Locker for it, gonna put it in before I put the axle in.  If I didn't learn to take things like this as a plus, I would not own a jeep :P

NXT-LVL

Wasn't ripping you. Just sucks that it happens. Lucky for you, you found the parts you needed when you needed them, hope the price was good as well.
Solving problems one target at a time.......

TechJeeper

Thx Doug and Rallykid!

TechJeeper

Got my other axle, I am going to try to get it in Wensday the 23rd so if anyone wants to bundle up and come out to help, I will pry be at Doug's all day.  Going to try to get my Locker in Sunday after work (5pm), the axle is in his garage so that shouldn't be to bad.

TY Doug for letting my junk sit in your driveway...  should of been out of there 3 weeks ago...

ricochet1987

i'll help ya wednesday just say the time....and i'll be over i think i should be free wednesday ::woot::  ::woot::  ::woot::
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

TechJeeper

Got the locker in, the Spartan lock was INCREDIBLY easy to install!  

Going to be putting it under the Jeep Wens. if anyone cares to come lend a hand, bundle up and drop by Dougs, it shouldnt take long to put in, just bolt up and go...  I will pry start around noonish.