deciding on lift kit

Started by ricochet1987, December 02, 2009, 08:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbikers

Quote from: "Gr8archer"Whoa!  I had a feeling that you would show up for this thread :P Long time no see!
HA!  us leaf-springers need to stick together...long time no see....got your front end back together yet?
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

TechJeeper

Quote from: "dbikers"
Quote from: "Gr8archer"Whoa!  I had a feeling that you would show up for this thread :P Long time no see!
HA!  us leaf-springers need to stick together...long time no see....got your front end back together yet?

Waiting on the guy to pull the axle from his jeep :-( he said he was going to do it this weekend, we shall see.  I got a locker to put in too :-)

dbikers

check this out D....$350 for bds over in t-city
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=157771
             -- Mark Twain

Paul Hittie

If you are skipping the track bar brackets, the only pieces you would need are T-case drop kit (used $25), pitman arm (new $100), and shocks (new $200) - $625 incl shocks is a pretty good price
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

dbikers

Quote from: "phittie1100"If you are skipping the track bar brackets, the only pieces you would need are T-case drop kit (used $25), pitman arm (new $100), and shocks (new $200) - $625 incl shocks is a pretty good price
t-case drop could be had cheaper (i think i have mine in the box still, if not neil does) and you can get an xj pitman arm even cheaper ($20 ish) to get even cheaper....head and shoulders above RC
             -- Mark Twain

jeepfan1974

track bars are gay  :D     i cut mine off    
as for the lift   i would get some greeseable boomarang lift shackles and a 2 inch body lift it would be way cheeper would leave mony left over to get better shocks     get the best shocks you can or it will ride like a bread truck     2inch lift shackles and 2 inch body lift  will clear 33's easy
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

well i think its already got 2 inch body lift just missing the rear bushings on the drivers side and pass side infront of rear tire due to rust lmao....im prolly gonna go with 4 in rc and bds shocks!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

dbikers

//www.roughcountry.com/index.html these guys make it tough
             -- Mark Twain

Paul Hittie

Holy Cow - that includes shocks too!

Paul Hittie

Holy Cow - that includes shocks too!

dbikers

Quote from: "phittie1100"Holy Cow - that includes shocks too!
i'm sure you get what you pay for...
             -- Mark Twain

ricochet1987

ya im gonna get that install it then go with the bds shocks...so when i do order that and go to install it i will post up see if anyone wants to help maybe ed so he can acctually get some blood going! lol
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!