Bought Another Jeep!

Started by Herezja, March 14, 2011, 09:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

Well...it looks like we are officially the proud owners of a 1986 Grand Wagoneer. Its been completely redone with 10,000 miles on the engine, tranny, and transfer case, new interior, new 4" lift and new 31" all terrains. There really isn't anything left anymore that hasn't been gone through or replaced except the axles and the wiring harness at this point. I will try and post up some pics as soon as I can. The unfortunate part is that the beast is sitting in NC waiting for me to pick it up....so there is a road trip in my future for this weekend!!

There are two quater sized surface rust spots that will need to be taken care of before they spread and the wood grain vinyl panels are beginning to fade a little, so I am probably going to replace those as well (although the "naturally patina is kinda cool to me). I am also going to need to change out the 4wd vacuum motor ($50) to get the 4wd working again. Other than that, though, it is spot on.

This is going to be my daily driver and I have to pay my bank account back...so it looks like the Rubicon is going to be up for sale in the next few weeks. I will also have a boat load of spare Wrangler/Rubicon parts up for grabs once the Rubi is sold. Just matters on what the new owner will want to take with them. Keep an eye out in the For Sale section in the next few weeks for some parts and the Rubi!

::woot::

LPM606

Sounds like a nice Waggy, but it has to be be hard to part with the Rubi...That thing has literally been around the world with you.

Herezja

Quote from: "LPM606"Sounds like a nice Waggy, but it has to be be hard to part with the Rubi...That thing has literally been around the world with you.

So true....I have been back and forth on selling it for quite a while now. Actually, I figure that buying the GW will help to motivate me to get it ready to sell. That and my wife won't let me buy anything for it until the Rubi is sold and I already have a list going of stuff I want to do with it (fuel injection kit being the first thing, I think). Well....that and I am kind of looking for a classic to restore. So whatever is left over from the sale of the Rubi and doesn't go into the GW will probably go toward something like that (although...I am beginning to wonder if the GW is my classic and I should be looking for another daily driver??  :D ).

In all honesty it is about time. I need something just a tad more comfy on the highway since Melissa and I are driving to Saginaw more often these days. Plus, she doesn't drive clutch (although I have tried to teach her) so we need something a little more "wife friendly" as well so I can take the truck when I need to and she still has a vehicle that she can drive.  

Does it sound like I am justifying this yet?  :lol:

ouchman

pics or it didnt happen  ::poke::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Herezja

Quote from: "ouchman"pics or it didnt happen  ::poke::

My wife tried to pull them off eBay last night, but apparently their security is better than we thought. Pics, unfortunately, will have to wait until we pick it up now. Sucko!  ::ouch::

Nosilla

how about a ebay item number?

Herezja

Melissa managed to grab them from craigslist:

LPM606

Wow! I like it... Looks like a beast!

ouchman

Quote from: "Herezja"Melissa managed to grab them from craigslist:

saweet  ::woot::  ::woot::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

derrick.wheelock

ya i got one its silver ..just stock and use it to tow my lifted cherokee when i have the gas money to lmao i know they drain your wallet on gas money!! but i love it

Herezja

Quote from: "derrick.wheelock"ya i got one its silver ..just stock and use it to tow my lifted cherokee when i have the gas money to lmao i know they drain your wallet on gas money!! but i love it

8-10mpg!!  ::woot::

Its like I told the guy that I am buying the GW from...."I don't buy and own Jeeps for the gas mileage".  :D

::Jeep::

derrick.wheelock

amen brother lmao hahahha my dad that was his first question....lol when i haul my cherokee i know the trailer itself weighs 1900 pounds so i dont know what the cherokee with 5 in lift and 35x12.5 pro comp mud terrains and its 4 door and a 1993 weighs, but from owosso to davison i use a full tank!!! so prolly about 4mpg!!! hell ya!!!

longarm

That GW is beautiful!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."