What's that in my mirror???

Started by dbikers, April 17, 2011, 04:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbikers

a Lexus....
It's a bad bad feeling to see it coming and not be able to do anything but wait for it to happen...

Sittin' in the southbound lane on genessee at atherton with my left blinker on ...oncoming traffic coming through the light.  No where to go and could see her bearing down on me (on her way to a soccer game). About all i could do was plant my left foot and lift my right leg and hold on...  The bag just friggin' exploded (it's only 36 degrees today).  
I suppose i'm lucky it was just a bag and a blinker as it could easily have been my right leg taken off at the knee or thrown me into oncoming traffic.

Anyhow, I hope this is my 1 for the season and hope it serves as a reminder that the cagers are not [/i]looking for bikers this early in the season.  
I think i will be getting a safety-yellow vest....
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

naypalm

Ouch! Glad you made it out okay!

Paul Hittie

I know a handful of people that can fix your bike but very few places to get a new leg, glad you are OK
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

I believe Bacon Pockets could tell you where to get a vest that you are looking for.

Glad your ok John.

ouchman

Quote from: "Nosilla"I believe Bacon Pockets could tell you where to get a vest that you are looking for.

Glad your ok John.

good advice, glad your ok
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

NewRide

Now if you were in a Jeep she might have seen you LOL . Glad your ok !!
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

dbikers

Quote from: "NewRide"Now if you were in a Jeep she might have seen you LOL . Glad your ok !!
heh...o s'pose I had that one coming.... ::ouch::
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

LPM606

Holy Crap! That would absolutely suck!  Good that your leg remains attached but it is a shame to see such a sharp bike banged up..

Nosilla

he has it looking as good as new again. the lady took care of the costs of the new stuff right away.