Steering wheel vibration while turning?

Started by Addsmack, May 27, 2011, 09:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addsmack

I am getting a vibration while turning at low speeds in the steering wheel. It just started doing this.

It happens when I make a turn in either direction.

My jeep is a 98 TJ sport (4.0L) - I believe there is a 2.5" suspension lift and I am running 31x10.50x15 tires on some MT sidebiter 15x8 wheels.

I purchased the Jeep in October with the suspension work already done and put the wheel/tire combo on shortly after.

I have put probably 10-12,000 miles on the Jeep since I have had it. Like I mentioned before, I just noticed this vibration this past weekend. When turning at lower speeds if I remove my hands, you can visually see the steering wheel wobble a little.

Any ideas? Anyone need any more information to help me out?

Any help would be appreciated. I am in the downriver area in MI. Thanks!

-Adam

Nosilla

Possible things. Tie rods, ball joints, front axle u joints, Wheel hub, or maybe a loose tire (lug nuts).  All these can be checked out with the help of a friend at no cost.

Addsmack

Quote from: "Nosilla"Possible things. Tie rods, ball joints, front axle u joints, Wheel hub, or maybe a loose tire (lug nuts).  All these can be checked out with the help of a friend at no cost.

Thanks.  I've posted on a couple other sites a well just to get some input.  I need to find someone local who knows about everything you posted, minus loose lug nuts  :D

-Adam

Nosilla

whats it worth to you? i can probably get you in my garage soon enough.

Addsmack

Quote from: "Nosilla"whats it worth to you? i can probably get you in my garage soon enough.

Where is your garage at? I'm south of Detroit.

Addsmack

Quote from: "Nosilla"whats it worth to you? i can probably get you in my garage soon enough.

Where is your garage at? I'm south of Detroit.

Nosilla

ah that would be a bit rough then. i am 2 miles from the mounds.....or call it just NE of Flint.