Treadwright Puma A/T Tires

Started by TechJeeper, November 06, 2011, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Just placed an order for a set of the Treadwright Puma A/T Tires.  They will be for my ZJ.  They are BFG All-Terrain Re-Treads.  

BFG ATs in the same size from Discount Tire's website run $185.00 each, so that's $740 for a set of 4 before shipping (or taxes if in store).  They Puma A/Ts are on sale right now from Treadwright for $77.00 each.  I paid $333.34 shipped to my door.

I can't wait to see how they work out!  Here is a great picture I found of them, as you can tell, they are even branded BFG A/T until you look at the lip.  

I am going to keep track of the mileage I get as far as wear goes and also see how they perform in the rain/snow.

Stay tuned for a review!

Paul Hittie

Eager to hear your impressions
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

as am i.

TechJeeper

So, the tires arrived at my doorstep Thursday at 11am, not bad considering I ordered them Monday afternoon/evening.

They contacted me shortly after ordering and indicated they were out of BFG AT carcasses for my size, and indicated that they would be using the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S carcass instead, no difference in tread or wear.

So here is a picture of them stacked.  So far after inspecting them I am impressed.

Took them last night to get mounted/balanced at Belle Tire and even got asked about them from the guy that mounted them as they are alot more aggressive then the Geolandars hes used to, lol.  They balanced out perfectly.

More review to follow!

TechJeeper

Got the mounted and balanced out perfect!  So far so good, the night I got them mounted we got a really cold rain and I can already tell they grip better then my old bald tires, no duh :P

TechJeeper

Well, a 1 year update.  The tread-writes are still kickin' strong!  They have lots of meat left of them.  Can't tell an exact millage since they are on the new Jeep now but I can say that they haven't worn down much at all.  I am extremely impressed!

naypalm