What did you do to your JEEP today?

Started by dbikers, September 16, 2007, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbikers

i've seen this on a few other forums, so i'll start it in ours....
Today i decided to start with my TREs and drag link....it's all off of the JEEP and will be ordering tomorrow.
Also, pulled the vac motor off of my front axle...something not quite right.  Found that there is no vac for the 2wd side of the motor...dug further and found that the vac switch on my tc has a broken port, oddly enough the port for 2wd....it's a $25 part, just need to swap it out....
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

astrogiblet

Today I started looking for good condition AX-5's.

-Brandon

Mudviper

Sealed up my rear fender wells and did some touch up painting to my winch bumper.

naypalm

Today I filled my xgay up with cheap $2.86 gas! LOL

Nosilla

ok where to start.

TODAY:

I finished the T-case install. I managed to break my new adjustable track bar. Got the rear track bar on finally and when i went to tighten the bolt at the axle it snapped with the impact.(realized i used wrong bolt) (it was junk bolt not the grade 8 bolt) Have to redo that now. Did my alignment today. Changed the fluids in t case and trans.

This past Thursday Friday and Saturday:

Changed out all the coils, control arms, shocks, relocation bracketsa for shocks and track bar, Electric fan,On board air, a pillar lights,painless fuseblock,Transfer case taken out and new one with SYE put in, High lift mounted,CB mounted,wires ran for front rock lights, rear back up light,a pillar lights the fan and the OBO(including the switches) Sway bar disconnects put on front and rear,35's put on. rear upper control arms refabbed to tilt the pinion.

I think thats about it for the last 72 hours. Next 72 hours should be the Body lift front track bar(after i get new parts for it) Fron and rear bumper.

Then i can finally get out and wheel again.

94_xj_country

god damn you work fast. all i did was pick up a tail light, didnt even drive the sucker today
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

TechJeeper

Hmmm... I sat here and worried about if my insurance is going to cover my damages... yeap...

Nosilla

Just finished the rear track bar, put in the flush mount tail lights and put on my liscense plate, and hook up the cb antenna. :D

jeepfan1974

i chiped of all the mud from the suspenion left over from offroad unlimited's event (stuff was like cement) regreased every thing sprayed down the u bolts to get ready for the spring over conversion oh and pulled the seats and lubed all the tracks and re drilled all the wholes and rebolted them in
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Installed OEM-sized steering damper on the LJ.  Pulled the front track bar - the bolt has too much play in the bushing and the bracket I think.  Reassembled everything and hit it with spray paint so I can see if it is moving around.

Sold my axles, seat, and some misc YJ stuff, one guy came and drove my YJ - no offers yet.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

Ive got you all beat !! I just looked out my window to make sure mine was still here LOL
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

ouchman

Quote from: "NewRide"Ive got you all beat !! I just looked out my window to make sure mine was still here LOL
x2 :lol:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

astrogiblet

I looked out the window.. and couldn't find my jeep.. *tear*   :(

-Brandon

naypalm

Today, I drove my jeep to the bank, then to the insurance office and then to work!

dbikers

Quote from: "dbikers"i've seen this on a few other forums, so i'll start it in ours....
Today i decided to start with my TREs and drag link....it's all off of the JEEP and will be ordering tomorrow.
Also, pulled the vac motor off of my front axle...something not quite right.  Found that there is no vac for the 2wd side of the motor...dug further and found that the vac switch on my tc has a broken port, oddly enough the port for 2wd....it's a $25 part, just need to swap it out....

i ordered parts.....
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain