WRENCH FEST: Engine Swap!!

Started by TechJeeper, November 23, 2007, 07:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "longarm"Mel, your so funny.  I just love how you always volunteer the barn to everyone.   :lol:   Seriously, it's great.   :mrgreen:

well, I think it's silly for everyone to keep trying to scrimp around for a place then all the tools etc. that they may need to get a job done.  Unless Chris just can't accomodate the space or time, it makes sense to do things here since most everything is already in one spot.  Unless he has a big job coming up where the barn is full of sheet metal or his own rig is dismantled for one reason or another, may as well use up the space... :)

(not to mention that the barn is heated, has running water and a john, a full size fridge, AND cable tv.....it's a man's dream so I have been told.)

NewRide

Quote from: "PetalMel"
Quote from: "longarm"Mel, your so funny.  I just love how you always volunteer the barn to everyone.   :lol:   Seriously, it's great.   :mrgreen:

well, I think it's silly for everyone to keep trying to scrimp around for a place then all the tools etc. that they may need to get a job done.  Unless Chris just can't accomodate the space or time, it makes sense to do things here since most everything is already in one spot.  Unless he has a big job coming up where the barn is full of sheet metal or his own rig is dismantled for one reason or another, may as well use up the space... :)

(not to mention that the barn is heated, has running water and a john, a full size fridge, AND cable tv.....it's a man's dream so I have been told.)

Hey Mel you forgot one thing .... It had beer too :-)
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

longarm

I was KIDDING Mel.   :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

naypalm

LOL

NewRide

Whens this going to happen ??   ::Jeep::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

TechJeeper

Got the motor to Neils house yesterday.  I am going to do the electric fan swap at the same time, why not.  I am shooting for this comming wensday/thursday.  Not 100 percent yet, but how dose that sound to people?  Any other day might be tough because I work.

Let me know if this will work for you guys, especialy Neil and Paul.

Thank you,
Cody

longarm

What time during the day?
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

TechJeeper

Well, dosn't matter... its pry gonna take a good part of the day... pry start fairly early.

longarm

I was just wondering as I might be able to swing by after work around 8am or so.

TechJeeper

Looks like I am gonna plan on at least starting it wensday.  As of what time Wensday, I will let Neil decide that seeings how he is kind enough to haul my junk over there.

If you think you might be able to lend a hand wensday, watch this thread I will update it as I find out info.  It sucks working weekends because ppl are busy and stuff during the week...

Thanks everyone in advance, I know I am a PITA,  ::trout::

Cody

TechJeeper

Ok!  The Jeep is at Neils house now!  I plan on going over there Tuesday night, after work, and I am gonna start pulling stuff.  I am going to pull the bumper off so the stinger isnt in the way, pull the radiator so I can put my elect. fan on, and start unbolting the alternator and stuff like that.  

Then hopefuly if I can get some people over wensday or thursday or both to help me start the engine swap, it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Cody

Anonymous

Why pull the radiator??

TechJeeper

To make mounting the electric fan that much easier.

naypalm

I'll drop by tomorrow after 6PM to lend a hand, and Wednesday I am free all day.

TechJeeper

Matt, I get out at 7 and will pry head there after work.