Replacing my CV-Joints

Started by NayPalm, March 07, 2008, 02:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

My both CV-Joints need replacing VERY soon. I'm driving it one more day and then i'm gunna let it sit 'til I can get a date planned for this.

I have absolutely no clue how to do this, so any help would be totally awesome.  :D  I also need a place to work on it at.

As for a date, I was hoping to maybe work on it this weekend, but this is kinda short notice. I'm thinking maybe someday during next week after 5PM.

Pizza and Beer are on me!

Anonymous

I'll check with Corporate (not that she won't just chime in here anyway)  but I think we might be able to do this on Saturday.  Gimme a buzz later, and we'll figure it out.

Mudviper

I can lend a hand as well. I will need to replace my front axle u-joints this summer as well and would like to see the best way to do this.

Paul Hittie

I can't make it this weekend, but I did pick up a spare set of shafts recently that need new joints - you could practice on my trail spares before doing yours  :mrgreen:
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Major Mud

Saturday won't work for me unless you do it in the evening. Or Sunday might work.

naypalm

Alright, just got off the phone with Harley, and we're meeting up at his place   Tomarrow (Saturday) at 10AM.  :D

Major Mud

I'm out.

Anonymous

Loser ::ouch::

naypalm

CV joints are replaced thanks to Harley and Mudviper!! I owe you guys some beers and food at the next meet!  :D

94_xj_country

were these axles joints? if so you should buy older xj shafts with the u-joints
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Anonymous

Glad it works now Matt!!