Even More Pictures from Rwanda

Started by Herezja, May 05, 2008, 11:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

All:

We finally managed to get some pictures posted up on Photobucket from a few trips we have done in Rwanda....enjoy!

Here is the album from our trip to see the Gorillas...I swear this place is like a zoo on acid!

//s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/missylynn23/Gorillas%20-%20March%202008/?albumview=slideshow

And our album from another trip to Akagera Game Park when my in-laws came to visit.

//s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/missylynn23/?albumview=slideshow

::woot::

astrogiblet

Have you seen the actual hotel from the movie "Hotel Rwanda"?

The name of it is Hôtel des Mille Collines, according to Wikipedia. That movie was amazing...

-Brandon

Nosilla

Awesome pictures. Makes me jealous.

astrogiblet

Yea I meant to mention "awesome pictures" as well in my post.. I was too distracted looking at them and thinking about that movie that I forgot to type it. Sorry. :)

-Brandon

Herezja

Quote from: "astrogiblet"Have you seen the actual hotel from the movie "Hotel Rwanda"?

The name of it is Hôtel des Mille Collines, according to Wikipedia. That movie was amazing...

-Brandon

Yep...I go to Hotel Mille Collines alot actually. They have an awesome happy hour on Thursday nights and it is only a block from the old Embassy (we moved back in February), so I used to go there quite often. There is a rumor that it is going to shut down to be renovated soon. It is one of the three decent hotels in Kigali even though there is no air conditioning in the rooms  :roll:

Remind me sometime over a beer....I have stories upon stories about that movie. Don't get me wrong, it is a good movie....just not as accurate in the depiction of a "true story" as they would like you to think.  :D

astrogiblet

Quote from: "Herezja"
Quote from: "astrogiblet"Have you seen the actual hotel from the movie "Hotel Rwanda"?

-Brandon

Yep...I go to Hotel Mille Collines alot actually. They have an awesome happy hour on Thursday nights and it is only a block from the old Embassy (we moved back in February), so I used to go there quite often. There is a rumor that it is going to shut down to be renovated soon. It is one of the three decent hotels in Kigali even though there is no air conditioning in the rooms  :roll:

Remind me sometime over a beer....I have stories upon stories about that movie. Don't get me wrong, it is a good movie....just not as accurate in the depiction of a "true story" as they would like you to think.  :D

Thats awesome!

Yea.. I've read some of the innacuracies.

Hey if you think about it, and you could possibly snap a picture sometime of the hotel.. that would be sweet!

-Brandon

Herezja

For you? I think that can be arranged!  :mrgreen:

diablosjeep

Wow! Those are some amazing pictures. The gorilla ones are incredible!
RED Jeep Club member #666