Need Help Rippin Out My Tranny...

Started by astrogiblet, September 29, 2007, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Got my insurance check in the mail the other day, have everything setup to get my tranny rebuilt. I just need help ripping it out and putting it back in. If I could use someones garage, and can get a couple guys help. I can provide beer, pizza, and whatever else is needed. This Sunday works, or anytime during the week. I can even take work off, as this is more important.

Thanks,

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

hey who is rebuilding it for you? i know a few trans builders that tran has interchageable parts to the tf 727 and could be beefed up pretty cheaply what did say was bad in it?
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Oh really? My tranny had water in it. I called 2TM and they gave me a pretty cheap offer. I'd love to beef it up though. Let me know what they'd charge!

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

I am going to be gone all day tomorrow, but I could lend a hand one evening this week.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

That would be fantastic. Do I need to rent anything to do this job?

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

Wait - you didn't think I had any clue how to do this, did you?
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

get ahold of Chris and set a time to do this at our place if you want.  I think he has the tools to get the job done and also has fridge space for the beer.... :lol:

94_xj_country

cant help tomorow, working then continuing a longarm install on an xj that isnt mine  :(

as far as one night this week, i have class everynight, except monday. might be able to help then
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

astrogiblet

Mel that would be great! If you could let him know about this thread.. :)

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Well tomorrow I'm gonna get a quote from 2TM on if/how much they could ad some of the 727 parts that Paul PM'd me about into my trans. That would be awesome.

I'm gonna send Chris a PM right now.

-Brandon

Anonymous

Chris will be in a tree all day tomorrow.  We'll see what happens after that.

Major Mud

All day? You that bad of a shot? For pizza and beer, I could be there as long as it is after about 3:00. Got a lob interview at 2 so maye I can have some real money someday!

astrogiblet

Ok. Sounds good Chris, thanks.

-Brandon

dbikers

Quote from: "Major Mud"All day? You that bad of a shot? For pizza and beer, I could be there as long as it is after about 3:00. Got a lob interview at 2 so maye I can have some real money someday!
I've seen you lob before.  You should be fine
Good luck with the lob interview  :mrgreen:
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

Major Mud

Guess that's what I get for havin' fat fingers