Need Help Rippin Out My Tranny...

Started by astrogiblet, September 29, 2007, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Mud

I'll try to come help out for a little longer this time as long as I can get it cleared through corporate

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nosilla"Is the CJ telling the young pup old time war stories?

:rofl:  Telling it to grow up a little.......

Paul Hittie

I should be able to help too.  Maybe someone can show me where that hole needs to be drilled in a TJ tranny to mount a proper vent.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

You'll need to drop your tranny, and plug a vent behind the torque converter.  Then put the external vent on.

Mudviper

Here is a picture on a TJ forum on how the new vent tube was done on a Dodge tranny with the vent tube behind the converter.

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... +vent+tube

astrogiblet

Thanks guys the extra help is taking a big load off mine and my fathers mind. Putting it back in is worrying me a little. :)

The vent was rerun to a weird spot. I didn't think it would be so much farther away from the original hole, but it looks like it'll do the job. I'd be happy to show you Paul.

See you guys tomorrow @ 10 @ Harleys!

Once I get my Jeep back my Jeep should be able to incorporate its new found knowledge from Chris's CJ and lift itself up a bit. Should be ready to do that in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Thank you all so much for showing! I really appreciate the help.

Got it all back together and the motor is not running right. We think the only thing it could be is the crank position sensor. I bought a new one, but the connector wasn't right, we went back to autozone, and we looked up 8 different years of Jeeps, and every year was different. We think we found the right one (judging by the pictures) but the box had a completely different style sensor in it.

So jeeps still at Chris's. Tomorrow we are gonna go to Murrays and a few others to try to find the right part.

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

Bummer

Anonymous

Yea, we were screwing with it until about 7:30 last night.  More fun to come today.

NewRide

I have some matches !! Even throw in the gas for ya ;-)  Its nice to see other people having as much trouble with their tranny as I did !! Seriously hope you get it fixed soon I know ha a bitch it is to get it right !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepfan1974

hey if your at harley's go down to ross automotive those guy's know there stuff i have never gotten a wrong part from them
Let\'s go wheeling!

Anonymous

Tranny went in fine.  CPS was bad out of the box.  Threw another new one on, and away he went.

TechJeeper

w00t! Hey Brandon wanna go wheelin?  :twisted:

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Harley"Tranny went in fine.  CPS was bad out of the box.

SUCKS

astrogiblet

Yea, after going to a total of 12 different auto parts stores, I finally found the right one.

I did learn one important lesson though. Shop around for auto parts.

Murrays had the right picture on their computer (like autozone did) but did not carry the part. They wanted $179.99 for it and they had to order it.

Autozone wanted $127.99 for it, and I ran to 2TM to return the other one (and get $127.99 back) so I could buy the autozone one, and happened to stop in at Advanced and check if they had it (its on the way to 2TM). Their Bristol road store had one, and they had it for $77.00. Well, I had a receipt from the $63 one I bought at autozone that ended up being the wrong one (from the day before) and they price matched it and I ended up walking out with it for like $67 after tax. :)

But yea.. jeeps running great. I've got about 150 miles on it right now, delivered the past two days. I'm keeping it under 3000 rpms, and under 50mph until I get at least 500 or so miles on it. I've been driving like an old lady, slow as hell, which I've never, ever, ever done in my entire life!!! Even on my permit I hit 103 several times with my dad in the car.  :twisted:

Tranny cooler line that I had repaired a few months ago started leaking again yesterday. It wasn't a bad leak but it was annoying me. So I moved one clamp around and it seems to have stopped the leak. Once I get some money I'm gonna buy a brand new one.. they are a complete PITA to put in though.. took my dad and (I think Paul) like an hour to get both of them in cause they are in such a tight space.

Its sooo nice to have my baby back.....

-Brandon