Need Help Rippin Out My Tranny...

Started by astrogiblet, September 29, 2007, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

:lol:

Anonymous

I don't think it was the "late last night" part that was the problem---it was the "wee hours of this morning" that was the killer  :lol:

It was fun, though.  I can't remember the last time I was up until 2 a.m. when a sick child wasn't involved :)

Mudviper

If you need another hand wrenching, let me know. Not sure where you are located, but I am sure it can't be to far from me.

astrogiblet

It would be great to have a few more hands when putting this thing back on! I think next Sunday around the same time would work for putting this back on (If it works for Chris).  

Brought it up to 2TM today. They called me a little later (I asked them to look into upgrades for it) and they found only one upgrade I can do. Quick shift kit and a clutch upgrade for $75. Makes the tranny shift jerkier, but quicker, which he said is actually better on the tranny cause the clutch doesn't have to slide between gears as much. And it includes a much stronger clutch, which Jeff said was the main thing that goes on the auto's. So I definitely went for that. Plus I'm getting the vent re-ran. He said everything should be done by the end of the week. So I'm pretty geeked.

-Brandon

Anonymous

I'll check the calender.

Anonymous

do it early on Sunday as I just put up the Crossroads post for that afternoon starting at 4.  OOPS!  Sorry, but that seems like it will be the nicer of the weekend days and I really don't want to trick or treat in the rain....

astrogiblet

We were done around 4 last time.. If we get another person or two to help we should have it back in long before then.

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Well.. it looks like I'm not gonna have a tranny till at least Monday. They took it apart and found that the output shaft was scorched and that it had slammed into the retainer.. They both need to be replaced @ another $125 total. On top of that he said he was having a hard time locating a new output shaft, so it might have to wait till Monday.

Argh. This $630 project is now up to $901. Plus when we brought it in, evidently one of the connectors was still connected and the wires had been pulled off (its a connector that sits above the torque converter, I forget what he said it was).

-Brandon

Mudviper

That really bits... got to love owning a Jeep...lol

astrogiblet

Yea... that sensor in my last post is the Crankcase sensor...

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

crank postion sensor?     i have broke that one a few times during trans removeal
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Yea.. the crankcase sensor.. he said it tells your engine how much spark to make?

Anyways.. turned out that little puppy was $120.  :o

He said he was amazed.

Tranny's done. Just waiting on one more little thing (he said the tranny shop they bought the rebuild kit from forgot to send them the gromet for the dipstick tube). Said it should be done around 3 or 4 today.. however, due to the cost of things.. Its gonna be another day or two before I can afford to go pick it up. Argh.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

well at least you wont have to worry about that again for a while    pm me when you are ready to put it back in i'll see if i get over there to help    i'm in the process of swaping my brakes for a disc brake set up from a zj so i'll try to fit ya in if you can use me
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Will do man. That would be fantastic to have another person to help.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

well looks like i might have more time to help    dang junkyard ended up not having what i needed   erg!! :twisted:
Let\'s go wheeling!