WTF .. just my luck LOL

Started by NewRide, April 30, 2013, 06:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewRide

OK ... so I've been dragging my feet about working on my Jeep ... But after a few of the guys came out and helped me with my transmission problem a few weeks ago I figured it was time to put my new extended flares on ... well that and the fact I'm tired of trying to scrub the mud out of my soft top. So I pull the Jeep in the garage start to pull out all my tools .. open the box that has my flares in it lay everything out and start to get to work !! Well that is until I notice that I have two driver side front flares .... WTF !! So I look for Rugged Ridges phone number and end up having to send them an email .. I called Jeeperz Creeperz to see if they can help me out on this . They said they well get back with me tomorrow after they contact them also . So hopefully I can get this resolved soon lol . I guess it doesn't pay to drag your feet LMAO . FML
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

J's Jeep

I thought that kind of $@!& only happens to me! Lol
Glad to hear I am not the only one with all of the GREAT luck!

NewRide

To make it even better the flares are bigger then they let on to be ... If I were to cut the wheel well like they say I would be cutting into a brace near my gas neck ... Looks like I'm going to have to squeeze the rear flares a bit to get them to fit ...
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."

Paul Hittie

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

Rugged Ridge http://www.ruggedridge.com/7-inch-fender-flare-kit-87-95-jeep-yj-wrangler.html I think I might weight a bit to find out what Jeeperz Creeperz has to say before I go into the cutting of my tub .... Not feeling very comfortable about it at this point ...

Paul Hittie

I did the 6" Bestop flares on my YJ first (with the patent-pending "mud bulge") with my 31x10.50 tires, then swapped up to 7" TJ flares (can't remember the brand, but cheap ones) when I went to 33x12.50 tires.  I never did the fender trimming to make them fit right, I was worried about rust since it was my DD.  Should have trimmed them though, with only 2.5" lift the tires had rubbed all of the paint off of the rear  of the rear fender openings down to shiny sheet metal.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

Mine is pretty much already rusted lol so I'm not worried about that .... I just need to do in and go from there .

jeepfan1974

if your careful you can make a 3 inch slice in that filler neck brace and tweak it a bit to clear that's what i did minus the careful part
Let\'s go wheeling!