Tire carrier.

Started by lowlray, May 26, 2011, 09:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlray

Alright guys I need a rear bumper and tire carrier for a 35 inch tire what brand do you guys suggest? And what about Nates 4x4 out of midland does anybody know about his equipment?

NewRide

Neil ..... You busy ?!? Get a hold of Nosilla he may have some free time ...
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Nosilla

I am always able to build a new bumper. Just let me know what you are wanting and i'll get you a price.

Thanks for the thoughts Tony.

lowlray

im just wanting a rear bumper with the swing out tire carrier, d-rings, trailer hitch capable of pulling a trailer not just for recovery and tire carrier needs to hold @ least a 35" tire i want one that wont wear out in a year or 2 and start wobbling and rattling.  What do you think?

Paul Hittie

Let's see....no rattles  (check)
Need to mount 35" tire (check)
Need to use 2" receiver for towing (check)

Just checking to make sure that mine fails ALL of your requirements.  Don't buy Chinese crap sold under the Smittybilt banner.  Mine has been rattle-free for 11 out of the 500 days I have owned it.  It flexes with a 33x10.50 on it.  Oh yeah, and I popped some of the welds loading up my pop-up camper on DI last summer.

Smittybilt FTW....NOT
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Pauls not bitter.

He just so upset that his stomach is churning causing the bile to rise into his throat creating a terrible taste in his mouth...

Oh wait that is bitter...

TechJeeper

I love my Nosilla built bumpers! Def. recommend Neil, and I have a feeling you will like the price!

Nosilla

in coming pm

lowlray

Can anybody send me a pic of Nozillas handy work I am definitely more interested in having someone local build it than send my money somewhere else.  Does anybody know how much to have something like that powder coated I had some rims done last year they were around $325 I wonder if the bumper would be the same. Nozillas how long would it take you to make me 1?

lowlray

Sorry Nosilla using an iPad and it keeps putting a z in I guess auto correct or something

lowlray

Sorry Nosilla using an iPad and it keeps putting a z in I guess auto correct or something

Nosilla

this is all i really have for pictures sorry.  Guess i should have resized them.     oooops.

lowlray

i like them just the normal bumper with the tire carrier is what im looking for (the wife wants to drive it as a d/d groceries and things in the back) i just want d-ring tabs and a hitch and safety chain slots, but will this tire carrier support a 35"x 12.50 and could we change it just a little nothing major i would try to draw it and show it to you first to see what you think, and i am just talking about the carrier not the bumper.  what do you think

Nosilla

i had a 35 on mine so has gr8archer. Feel free to draw me up what you are wanting for the front and rear.

lowlray

ok im in, i just want a simple triangular tire carrier out of square tube, like a smittybilt i will draw up what I want,  How should i get it to you i am flexible all day i work for a cellular company and drive to towers all day long.  Just let me know what works for you.