West Branch 2/28

Started by Paul Hittie, January 19, 2010, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

I figure by the end of February I will have earned a day off.  Me and my GPS are heading to WB for the day to poke around on a soon-to-be section of re-routed ORV route, and to do some poking around in general.  The DNR still owes the off road community a couple hundred miles of trail/route, I have been talking to Paige (DNR Trail Tech) about getting some of it in the WB/St Helen area to connect some of the existing route sections or possible getting some new ones designated.  I can't promise you anything other than a day in the woods, but if the snow is fresh it could make for an interesting trip.

If you are interested in tagging along, send me a PM
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

The Schroeder Clan will be there.  We'll figure out more details when we get a bit closer...

ricochet1987

ill be there just let me know the peticulars
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

rallykid

I requested the day off but haven't gotten the schedule yet. If I get it then I will be there along with J9.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

4x4x4JK

We will be further north skiing this weekend.  Not going to work for me.

ricochet1987

can't wait it will be a blast

ricochet1987

so i waqs just wondering who is all gonna be going the 28th and for some of us maybe we could meet somewhere and drive up together lol..incase my jeep brakes down lol so just pm me or let me know

Paul Hittie

I don't polan to get up real early  - whaddaya say we plan to leave the WalMart in West Branch around 10am?  Those of us on the east side can meet at WalMart in Burton at 8am, pick up anyone coming from a different direction at the Mt Morris rest area around 8:15-8:20-ish, and still have time to grab gas and a sub before 10am in WB.

Sound OK?

Start doing your snow dance, sounds like the next system will again only affect the southern part of the state.  The snow cover map shows not much snow up there.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/ ... &js=1&uc=0

ricochet1987

theres 12 inches up there lmao. ...lol..wel me and charles are going and meeting nick brown at corunna and 75 sunday morning ..so ya i guess i will just meet ya buys up there at the westbranch wallyworld parking lot since i am kinda fast driver lol

LPM606

We'll see you at Burton Wally World at 8:00!  Maybe this snow today will add a nice couple inches up there and make it a bit of an adventure...

Paul Hittie

We have two guests tagging along as well - JR Osborne & Gary Greenway from GLFWDA will be meeting us in WB.

LPM606

Anyone Else coming?

Beuller?............

LPM606

Beuller?..................

ricochet1987

see ya guys there sunday morn in burton...me nad my bud brandon

LPM606

Checking the snow map, it looks like St. Helen has a lot more snow on the ground then West Branch.  Maybe after scoping out the trails in west branch (and getting the GPS tracks we need) if the trails not very challenging we could head up to St. Helen?  I seem to recall we have been on some ORV Routes in that area before and it's not to far from WB... Or, was St. Helen actually part of what we were trying to connect to in the first place?