West Branch 2/28

Started by Paul Hittie, January 19, 2010, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

I was thinking WB was just our meeting place, the places I want to hit are just east of St Helen, and south and/or west of St Helen.  Looks like the closer we get to Houghton Lake the deeper the snow is.

Make sure to bring a sled!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Will-do on the sled... We'll follow you where ever.  I am going to bring my GPS along and see if I can "record" some of the routes as well.  Not sure how to do it But I am going to read the manual tonight so I should be an expert tomorrow...

Paul Hittie

Well yesterday turned out to be quite an adventure.  The trails were mostly hard-packed, but that meant the hills were a bit slippery, especially if you were driving a YJ.  Gary from GLFWDA almost ended up with a new hood ornament for his JK (me).  Our plan to run the soon-to-be-new section of ORV Route was denied at about the half way point due to trees that we couldn't fit between or drive over.  Derek burned up 1/2 tank of gas turning around in the deep snow.  Ed got lots of practice attaching a tow strap.  Gary converted the rear end of his JK into the new aero-look after dragging his fender flair against an immovable object.  Kids got to do some sledding.  Ran through part of the Hills of Montezuma, 3rd time is a charm for Derek (again).  Ran Pinball Alley without any significant tree encounters.  Hooked up with Rick (rentalrider).  Made it to the hill climb area of the St Helen Motorsport area for more sledding.  Made two unsuccessful attempts to find the future home of the St Helen rock/obstacle courses.  Followed JR down a billy goat path through the MSA, Gary used his other rear fender flair as a pivot point unsuccessfully.  Actually it looks more balanced now?  Got back to pavement just before dark and headed home.

Paul Hittie

OK Jonathon read my post and wanted to add more detail - Rick popped the clips for his soft top dragging it against a tree.  I dragged the side of my soft top against a tree, the tree got the better end of the deal.  And we had to change a tire on Gary's JK before the trip home, he got dirt or ice in the nead and it wouldn't hold air.

ricochet1987

hey now first of all its Derrick not derek lmao and it was a 1/4 tank i used not 1/2 lmao hahahaha but i had a blast it was so much fun ...
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Paul Hittie

Ooops - sorry on the misspelling  ::ouch::

ricochet1987

its ok happens alot lol
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

jeepsR4Girls

And some other minor stuff ::Jeep::

Paul Hittie

I just got my new 4WD Hardware catalogue Julie, lots of nice corner guards to pick from that will cover up that little blemish.....

jeepsR4Girls

Trust me Ed has looked at about 10 different websites and reading all about it. It will be an investment coming soon watch for pics.

Paul Hittie

You know, if he had kissed the tree we might have suspected foul play - too many opportunities for new parts!