this Sunday (23rd i beleive)

Started by 94_xj_country, September 19, 2007, 12:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouchman

i foud a pic of there fearless (self appointed) leader smoking down :roll:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

astrogiblet

Well.. Of all the people that were gonna meet us out there. It was just me, and Paul/Pam/Family.

I was showing off for a bunch of four wheelers and dirt bikers by spinning around and shooting sand and all the sudden I lost power steering and power braking in the truck. Then I saw my serpentine belt (which has been in very bad condition) laying on the ground under the truck. Then I found a pulley sitting in the sand. Uh oh.

Well.. about a month ago, an 1/8th inch of the serpentine belt came off and was wrapped around the fan clutch. Took it out, didn't think much of it. The belt still looked good.

Today, the power steering pump seized, blew the shaft, and the shaft and pulley fell to the ground, as well as the serpentine belt. So we think thats probably why we lost that 1/8th inch before too.

Drove it about 15 miles.. on and off till the motor got hot, then I'd pull over.. Finally met my dad in Millington, and he pulled me home with the van. Power steering pump is $75 at advanced (autozone wanted $120 for it).. So thats where we are at.

I guess P&P&F had some problems removing Pams driveshaft on the way home (her T-Case is blown) and decided to try to drive it home.. but had to stop on the way back.

Anyways, we all had a really fun time. Both P&P's jeeps did REALLY well out there.. got really muddy, everybody including the two kids had mud on them... Nothing major broke.. so it was a good trip!

-Brandon

astrogiblet

As far as the Got Mud people go.. I've met some of them that have been real assholes, but they are also the ones that'll drop whatever they are doing and spend 6 hours digging out your 10,000 pound diesel thats buried up to the frame in mud. Not that thats ever happened to me...  :lol:

I haven't personally witnessed anyone doing anything illegal there.. not even drinking (although that video posted before on our forums shows them running for their beer in the mud). So I don't have anything negative to say about them. They have pulled me out of tight situations SEVERAL times though and for that I'm appreciative.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

we all had a great time !!!!   the drivshaft was a pain to get back off due to a shitty 5/16 wrench was stripping the bolt but good old channel locks broke it loose and we were on our way   here's a  camara phone pic its crappy
Let\'s go wheeling!

ouchman

more pics please :D
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

astrogiblet

So... Autozone wanted $120 for the PS Pump.. Advanced $75 without the reservoir, and Murrays wanted $44..

Can you tell who we went with? lol.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

if they offer it with the resivor get it that way they can be a pain and are prone to  leak
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepgirl95

Well, I had a lot of fun yesterday!!  Finally got to drive my OWN Jeep!  We finished off that Transfer Case on the way home.....and maybe something else? Can't tell, there's too much mud!!! :D  It growled at me all the way to work this morning, so I guess we have to change the T-Case now. I wish we would have had the camera.....camera phones just aren't the same!  Paul is gonna try to get the pictures to fit in the post.  It was fun hangin' out with you Brandon, hopefully there will be more of us able to go next time ;)

jeepgirl95

Here is a cool pic (for a camera phone)

astrogiblet

Yea, I had a good time wheeling with you guys.

We didn't buy the reservoir.. We check probably twice daily to see if the truck is leaking, especially since I've been driving it at work the past few weeks.. and it hasn't spotted anywhere.. So I'm assuming the reservoir is still good..

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

madee its just my kid of luck then brandon thats great you got it fixed that fast and easy
Let\'s go wheeling!