Main Menu

Wheels

Started by Yager, March 01, 2008, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

Hey, looking for some wheels for my wife's WJ. 15" with a 5 on 5 pattern. I'm looking to mount 31 x 10.5 tires on them. I know it's a weird combo but if anyone has anything laying around, give me bump.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

geesaw

What are you wanting concerning backspacing and width?
95 ZJ just ANOTHER green Orvis

"I started with nothing, but I still have most of it left."

Yager

For width i need something that will roll a 31x10.5 tire, so probably at least 7.5, probably less than 9. Not totally sure, never had to figure this stuff out before. Backspacing is how far the mounting surface is from the inside edge of the rim? I guess something six inches or less. Stock is six inches, but with two more inches of tire I'll need to push the tires out a bit to clear the crap  on the interior of the tire.

Yager

Four inches seems to be the norm.

geesaw

I thought I might have something, but the bolt circle was wrong. I went to tire discount's site to look at bolt circle specs. It states you've got 5 x 127.0  . I looked at other vehicles, found Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd, full size wagons, astros and 55-95 Ford T-bird match the bolt circle. Discount doesn't give exact backspace specs on their list, but I'm sure the all would fit more outboard than oem wj wheels, except for the Astro I guess. Boy I need a job! Anyway, I'm throwing that out for possible junkyard gems and the like, even though finding four matching in a junkyard can be hard.

Yager

Sweet, thanks a ton man.

geesaw

Pre 88 2wd Chevy truck rallys painted black would be stealthy, do you know if 15's clear on a WJ? Probably depends on backspacing.

Yager

Yeah, I have no idea.. not a big wheel technical knowledge dude.. I'm sure there's more than an inch between the brakes and the wheel well. Pretty sure the steering bars and stuff are good too.. I dunno, guess I should jack it up and set a tire against it to see if it fits.

Yager

Looking at forums, looks like 15" will clear a WJ.