mounds may 16th

Started by 94_xj_country, May 03, 2009, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

We'll be there....thanks!

LPM606

Julie is out of town this weekend, and I am turkey hunting saturday morning.  I have a couple phone interviews to do in the afternoon as well, but I would like to get out there again with everyone...  I could probably squeeze in a couple hours...

I was also thinking of going up for the world beer tour... Anyone else interested in driving up to franklenmuth after a few hours at the mounds?

MMMMMmmmmm Beer!

Herezja

Quote from: "LPM606"Julie is out of town this weekend, and I am turkey hunting saturday morning.  I have a couple phone interviews to do in the afternoon as well, but I would like to get out there again with everyone...  I could probably squeeze in a couple hours...

I was also thinking of going up for the world beer tour... Anyone else interested in driving up to franklenmuth after a few hours at the mounds?

MMMMMmmmmm Beer!

Don't think the wife can go, but I may be interested in that!!  :mrgreen:

Paul Hittie

We went to the Beer Expo last night, ran into Ed there too!  I think Jonathon and I are coming to the Mounds today.

If anyone is planning a Saturday trip to the Beer Expo I have 2 beer coupons left - see me.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Herezja

We will see you there. Wifey and I are getting ready to head out in about 15 min. (gotta make a couple stops on our way). Keep an eye out for us....we will be in her Liberty (see Jeep Blessing pics for exact specs  :mrgreen: )

LPM606

I missed the early stuck-in-the-mud festival for the most part, but made it to the mounds at about 2:30pm.  The side going out to the rock park was super deep, thick mud for the most part. I was amazed I made it out to everyone...  A lot of people had to split once everyone was pulled out of the mud, but a few of us stayed and hit some of the bowls and such.  See the pictures section for a few nice shots... Had a great time.  Thanks to everyone who made it.

Paul Hittie

I was really disappointed to see how torn up the road to the rocks and the area around the rocks has gotten.  If they are going to sell the rocks as a go-to destination, they need to figure out something different.

Paul Hittie

Not intending to poke at anyone in particular, just a casual reminder to all to make sure you have at least one solid, frame-mounted tow point F&R - someone else can usually be relied on for a strap, a winch, a 15mm socket etc, but if you don't come to play with proper hard points, you risk damage to your vehicle using parts that were not intended as tow points.  Or worse if that make-shift tow point doesn't hold.

4x4x4JK

Quote from: "phittie1100"I was really disappointed to see how torn up the road to the rocks and the area around the rocks has gotten.  If they are going to sell the rocks as a go-to destination, they need to figure out something different.

I was out there yesterday and agree that the park in general was much more abused than normal.  I don't know if this is the cause of the significant rain we have received and many people out for opening weekend, but the terrain was very chewed up.  I am surprised that over the two months that the park was closed, they did not do any clean up.

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"I am surprised that over the two months that the park was closed, they did not do any clean up.

Lack of funds? - one of the guys we bumped into Saturday was the foreman of the construction crew that built Phase 1.  He commented that they really need to get a dozer out there and regrade the access rd, but wasn't sure if the county had funding available.