Mounds on Halloween or Nov. 1?

Started by Ben91YJ, October 21, 2009, 10:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naypalm

Quote from: "Gr8archer"
Quote from: "ricochet1987"welp got my 4 wheel drive working but have open difs i think front wheel spins but opposite stays there...and on the rear rear wheel will spin but oposite spins oposite way....so if i have 2 open diffs front and rear yall better be ready to pull me out lol

I dont have a locker and I do fine...
x2 you'll be fine

ricochet1987

really i thought with an open is y i got stuck? what does it mean when i spin the front when its engaged and just one wheel spins....and i spin both wheels and only one the one i spin spins
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

NewRide

Quote from: "ricochet1987"really i thought with an open is y i got stuck? what does it mean when i spin the front when its engaged and just one wheel spins....and i spin both wheels and only one the one i spin spins

Not sure about you but I'm dizzy now ..... The only time you  truly have 4wd is when you have a locker of some sort. Other than that what happens is the tire that has no traction is the one that will spin not the one that you normally want lol .
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

ricochet1987

lol alright well in a few months ill have a locker in front and lsd in rear

naypalm

Quote from: "ricochet1987"really i thought with an open is y i got stuck? what does it mean when i spin the front when its engaged and just one wheel spins....and i spin both wheels and only one the one i spin spins

You got stuck because you had it in 2wd, silly  ::gay:: ::ouch::

I'm pretty sure my XJ is open, and I got no lockers or n e thing special, but I do just fine on the dunes. Get that 4wd working and you'll be fine. If you want to go rock crawlin' or other crazy stuff, then that's when you get a locker. ::Jeep::

Herezja

OK...so far so good. It looks like I will be able to make it. Anyone who is definitely going, can you PM me a contact number, just incase I am running a bit late?

thanks!

::woot::

Paul Hittie

Did we ever pick a time?  I have to meet my IT guy in Farmington Hills for a couple of hours then come back to to Grand Blanc to wrap up the project.  I am hoping to be up there around 2pm, maybe with my IT guy and her husband in tow - they own a 2006 Rubicon.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ricochet1987

Quote from: "phittie1100"Did we ever pick a time?  I have to meet my IT guy in Farmington Hills for a couple of hours then come back to to Grand Blanc to wrap up the project.  I am hoping to be up there around 2pm, maybe with my IT guy and her husband in tow - they own a 2006 Rubicon.
i talked to ed and we were talking somewhere around 2 on sunday....paul if you go back a couple posts youll see what time ed came up with lol

LPM606

Yah, I thought 2:00 would be good - 3 hours to wheel around, 1/2 hour to wrap it up, put pieces back on, etc. and then head down to Sharky's by 6:00 for a beer and one of those yummy pizzas.  Oh yeah - and a meeting.

BTW - Jarhead may come out for our meeting on Sunday.  I invited him to come wheel with us as well, but his reply back asked for the time and place of the meeting, so I am thinking he may just try to hit the meeting. I contacted him this week about the Tread Lightly coordinator for GLFWDA and he wanted to get togteher so I suggested meeting us sunday....

Paul Hittie

the damn screen on my phone is only 1.75x2.00, you can't expect much from me LOL
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ricochet1987

Quote from: "phittie1100"the damn screen on my phone is only 1.75x2.00, you can't expect much from me LOL
i bet thats what she said to lol.....anyways in davison tonight....got the gennie started...its 27 inches wide by 32 inches tall....it produces 8200 watts! so i think we r good for t day ::woot::

Ben91YJ

Hopefully see you guys at 2pm on sunday at the mounds
98 TJ 2" RE BB, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Rock Rails, Banks exhaust

Ben91YJ

couldnt make it today, obviously, hope everyone had a good time and hope to see some pics soon
98 TJ 2" RE BB, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Rock Rails, Banks exhaust

ricochet1987

Quote from: "Ben91YJ"couldnt make it today, obviously, hope everyone had a good time and hope to see some pics soon
ya it was fun even going swimming in my jeep and it dying on me but its all good now ...ed will post some pics later