Mounds Thanksgiving Day Can Food Drive '09

Started by TechJeeper, November 05, 2009, 10:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Going to The Mounds this Thanksgiving?

Mounds Thanksgiving Day Can Food Drive '09

//WWW.WHATLIESBEYOND.ORG

TechJeeper

I also have a PDF copy of the flyer if anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

TechJeeper

I  have contacted Fox66 news, ABC12 news, and NBC5 news.  As well as all the local papers.

LPM606

You go P.R. Man!  Could we drop a few hundred flyers at the mounds for them to hand out with admission over the next few weeks?  It makes sense to let the people that use the mounds know that we will be there...

Paul Hittie

We should be able to do it as soon as we get our permit approved.  No word yet today on approval.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ricochet1987

Quote from: "LPM606"You go P.R. Man!  Could we drop a few hundred flyers at the mounds for them to hand out with admission over the next few weeks?  It makes sense to let the people that use the mounds know that we will be there...
i second what ed said...that is a good idea so that ppl that regularly use the mounds know that will be going on come t day
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Paul Hittie

I got the package from GCP.  We are approved pending their review of the insurance package, still waiting to hear back from the underwriters.

Feedback from Nancy Edwrards @ GCP.  She thinks we should also contact the Flint Area Visitor and Convention Bureau since it is a holiday, people may look there for things to do.  Also, she will get the flyer postaed at the Mounds next week.

TechJeeper

Quote from: "phittie1100"She thinks we should also contact the Flint Area Visitor and Convention Bureau since it is a holiday, people may look there for things to do.  Also, she will get the flyer postaed at the Mounds next week.

Thanks! I contacted the FAV&CB

Herezja

Sorry....gonna miss this one. We are heading up north for Thanksgiving on Wed. night. Sucko!

Paul Hittie

I delivered the last of the paperwork to Nancy today, we are good to go!

Also, I got a call from the Flint Journal today - Liz Shaw apparently got a call from Nancy today about the big crowds expected at the Mounds next Thuirsday, and Nancy though Liz should talk to us about what we are doing.  I wasn't able to catch up with her today, but have her on the list for first thing in the morning.

TechJeeper

So... someone said today that they herd about thanksgiving day at the mounds on the country station they listen to, weird.

jeepfan1974

Looks like pam and I will be there.  I will bring a reflective jacket.  :D
Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"Looks like pam and I will be there.  I will bring a reflective jacket.  :D
I have some xtra bacon for your pockets if you need any lol

TechJeeper

In-case anyone is interested in donating via paypal, I have setup my account to accept donations! Remember, with $1.00 the Eastern Michigan Foodbank can buy about $14.00 worth of food! I will be dropping off the monetary and food donations Saturday, so you may donate up until Friday night!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... d=10012898

Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving!

TechJeeper

Thanks to everyone who came out and donated!  Turned out to be a great day.  We filled out trailer with canned foods and made a good chunk of change for the Eastern Michigan Food Bank.

I will be dropping off the food and money Saturday, so there is still time if you wish to donate (I have gotten a couple of donations so far) via paypal, using the link below!

//https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10012898

Thank you,
Gr8archer