Need Help Rippin Out My Tranny...

Started by astrogiblet, September 29, 2007, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longarm

When are you putting it back together?  I should be able to lend a hand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

Would Saturday work for everyone? I'd love to try to make the West Branch trip...

Thanks,

-Brandon

TechJeeper

did they get it finished brandon?

astrogiblet

Yup. Its all done.. just waiting on me to get the necessary cash, which should be tomorrow.

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Picked up my tranny today. It looks amazing. They sandblasted it and painted it too. They found small rocks and chunks of mud inside my tranny... lol. I got the old retainer and shaft back.. they are both pretty beatup.

Does this Saturday work for everyone to put this back in? I'm sooo anxious..

They gave me a bottle of solution and some instructions to flush the tranny lines and the tranny cooler lines. He also recommended I go to any auto parts store and buy an upgraded tranny cooler (he said they are $30), as that will help out my tranny big time.

They also included a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on everything they did. I"m pretty happy.

-Brandon

Anonymous

Saturday is out for me.  Sunday would look a little better :mrgreen:

Paul Hittie

Cub Scout thing Saturday - Sunday would be better for me too.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

you should take the radiator to a shop and get it flushed or not use it at all and put a better cooler on it than a 30 $ one if you wanta small one like that i'll give ya one !     but i highly recomend a bigger cooler
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

I've got a little kit with a special spray head on it to flush it out. Its a whole can of stuff with some special instructions.

I'm not going to upgrade right now to a better cooler.. I'm gonna wait a while..

Sunday works for me. The more help the better!

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Does Sunday at 10 work for everyone?

Thanks,

-Brandon

Nosilla

I will try my best to get over there for a couple hours Brandon.

astrogiblet

Thanks. :)

-Brandon

Nosilla

Doing it at Harleys?

Anonymous

Yea.  His Heep has been keeping my CJ company for a couple weeks now.

Nosilla

Is the CJ telling the young pup old time war stories?