4WD Awareness Class

Started by LPM606, April 09, 2014, 06:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Our club's two UFWDA Master Trainers will be conducting the UFWDA's 4WD Awareness class this June for our new members.  We haven't confirmed exact details yet, But we are shooting for Saturday the 28th.  This class is 1/2 day classroom and 1/2 day practical driving and recovery skills.  Learn about the components of your 4wd vehicle, driving techniques for various terrain, and safe recovery techniques for use on the trails.  Depending on the number of members that sign up, we may have room for a few more to attend... Anyone interested can PM me and I will send you the firm date/location when we have it as well as the fee information.

LPM606

Bump! Haven't yet heard if this has firmed up for the 28th, but we have a few weeks... wanted to keep this top of mind for any of our new folks!

bullhed78

I hope it's the 28th. I blocked that day in my calendar. If it ends up being a different day I will do what I can to make it.

Paul Hittie

Ron says we are a GO!

I will call and work out the details over the next few days

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

RoadBldr

I'm still committed to this Event...

LPM606

Talked to Paul a bit last night, he and I will be getting together before the meeting next Sunday to iron out our plans a bit, so we should be able to give everyone the exact details at the meeting. We will need a final headcount pretty soon so we know if we can open it up to more folks outside the club and/or if we will need to ask GLFWDA to provide any more instructors.   

bullhed78

Optimisticjeepr

I'm in with 4 drivers and 2 vehicles.

Paul Hittie

Jonathon will be attending with my Jeep

Sent from my electronic tether

gogolen

LPM606

I don't remember who all raised their hands but from what I recall, and what is already listed on the board, it looks like we have the following commitments for June 28 4wd training:

Trevor & Justin - One RIg
Jonathon - One Rig
Kevin - One Rig
Scott G - One Rig
Cameron - One Rig
Jeff - One Rig (Did you ever get another one, or are you driving with Cameron?)
Todd (2 vehicles with 4 total drivers)

Maybes:
Dave & Suzanne
Jim & Jane
Pam & Eric (our guests last night)

Who am I missing?  Was Forest a yes? 

mlh00

Mark's oldest son, Justin would like to be included, if there is still room. Trevor and Justin will have to share a vehicle.

LPM606

OK - details have been nailed down... 

We'll be at the snow snake Ski lodge for the Classroom portion of the day starting at 9:00am. We'll provide a boxed lunch around 12:30-1:00 before venturing into Rocks and Valleys for the practical driving portion of the day.  That generally will take a couple of hours and then we will be free to play in the park the rest of the afternoon and put those skills to the test!

Price for the class is: $45 per rig w/driver attending the class, $25.00 for class participant by a second driver in the same rig, and $$10.00 for lunch only/ride-a-long. Price includes your admission to Rocks & Valleys for the day, a boxed lunch, and your workbook. Payment will be due the morning of the class.

For lunches, you get a sandwich, chips & pop... choose Ham or turkey, on white, wheat or wrap, with american, swiss or cheddar.  If you are coming, please let me know you sandwich choices so I can have the list together for them the day before... That means you need to post up or e-mail before friday the 27th to confirm and have your choices in...

Has anyone else firmed up that they are coming?  we have a limited number of workbooks and I need to know if I will need to have more printed...

Optimisticjeepr

I have an update regarding my involvement in this event:
I will have 2-vehicles with one driver each, and 2-ride alongs.

Paul Hittie

Great - we look forward to seeing you there