4WD Training Class

Started by LPM606, June 06, 2015, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

For the second year in a row, our UFWDA Master trainers will be conducting the UFWDA 4WD Saftey and Awareness training class in June.  Class will be held on June 27th at Rocks and Valleys Offroad Park in Harrison, MI.   Class is 1/2 day classroom & 1/2 day practical driving and recovery skills out in the park.  Great opportunity for new off-roaders to learn how to drive in various off-pavement conditions, and how to safely use that bag of recovery gear in the back of the Jeep.  Even experienced off-roaders may find the class to be a great refresher and may un-learn a bad habit or two...

We have a few new folks in the club that are planning to go, but I believe we will have some room to open this up to the public for anyone interested.  We will nail down exact costs and such here in the next week or so, but it should be about $45.00 per rig with a slightly reduced charge for a second driver in the sames vehicle.  This will include admission to the park, all training materials, and a boxed lunch. Any questions or if you would like to reserve a spot, send me a PM...

bullhed78

This is a great class. Glad I took it last year.

Paul Hittie

I promise to have some proof read the completion certificates this year
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

zaqs_dad

Denis

Please reserve a spot for me

mrhenning

Please reserve a spot for me.

Thanks,
Mark

gogolen

Quote from: phittie1100 on June 06, 2015, 03:37:57 PM
Quoted for irony.

Paul Hittie

Quote from: gogolen on June 09, 2015, 11:27:32 AM
Quote from: phittie1100 on June 06, 2015, 03:37:57 PM
Quoted for irony.

And I wasn't even trying to make a funny...

alan6271

Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

LPM606

Denis, for those of you wondering, contacted us through the website asking about membership and attending the class... I asked him to post on the thread as a placeholder so we would have a good count.

mrhenning

Do you know what time the class will be starting?

Thanks,
Mark

Paul Hittie

9 am start time, break for lunch around 11:30 or 12 noon, then out in the park for a few hours of hands on training and instruction. 

Sent from my electronic tether

LPM606

So It looks like I never posted up, but we are going to do the same cost structure as last year - $45.00 for a student with their rig, $25.00 for a second student driver in the same rig, and $10 for any ride-along passenger. 

Cost Includes your admission to the park, boxed lunch, Training Book and Certificate of completion. Lunch includes Cold Cuts Sandwich with your choice of cheese (Sandwiches were delicious last year) bag of chips and a drink.  We will order the sandwiches at the start of class so you can choose your combo.

I advise everyone to bring additional drinks for when we are out in the park and remember flags are required at R&V's.  We have one or two spare if anyone needs them, though you will need a way to attach (I have a couple mounts that work with the stock JK tow hooks)

LPM606

Just an FYI Mark was talking about going up for the day just to wheel the park and hook up with us when we are done with the class.  So, anyone else that might want to come for the day you would have someone to roll with... Not 100% but worth a shot...

alan6271

Is anyone caravanning up?
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!