Very important trail ride Dec 1st. 11am. Rose City, Michigan

Started by TechJeeper, October 23, 2007, 09:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Don't drag me into this.

Anonymous

I won't drag you into this, but you better drag a few unwrapped toys up there.  There will be a Toys for Tots donation center at the event, so let's make sure that WLB shows up all the other boards that will be in attendance.  (yah, I DID go there  :twisted: )

longarm

I agree Mel.  I know that we will be bringing a couple of unwrapped toys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Nosilla

I will be sure to bring a few as well.

jeepsR4Girls

I will see what we have going on, but it kinda sounds like the lil liberty may not make it it also.

Nosilla

The liberty can handle it.

Nosilla

The liberty can handle some of it.

longarm

One would be suprised what a gasser KJ can actually do.  It's no Wrangler, but it's a tuff little machine.  Especially with the right tires.
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

we are planning on going probably with her grand we will see thats if i cant get the yj ready in time dang carbs :evil:
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

Just thought I would post up a fresh thread with a recap.

Gates open at 9:00. Please don't come early as we will be getting ready and those that are helping need to get in.

Helpers should be there by 8:30 am.

When you arrive you will be greated by a person handing out info for the day and maps of the property.

Insurance is required and will be checked by the greeters so please have it available. A full roll cage and 5 point harness will waive the insurance requirement.

Parking will be tight so please don't take up more space than required. Helpers will be there to direct parking.

Alcohol is not allowed in the trails and will be treated with zero tolerance. I have been approached by a police officer who will be there & he will enforce the alcohol rule. Let's all make this a non issue. Per the owners request, we will be doing cooler checks.

This is more of a social gathering than a day of wheeling. There will be plenty to do and see but please plan on spending time mingling in addition to trail riding.

Due to the tight congestion expected, we will have monitors on the 3 major hills. Each hill will be monitored by a different CB channel. When you approach a hill and are asked to switch to a specific CB channel, please do so. This will allow for safe communication throughout the park.

There will be signs posted thru the woods for clarification. Please stay out of the pond. There is no mud on this property.

Special note: There are a few hills where there is a steep dropoff as you crest the hill. Please be extremely cautious of this.

For those that want to do more trail riding, there are state forest trails that can be ridden. Ask and someone can give you directions.

The owner has informed me that no open vehicles without a roll bar will be allowed. Seat belts are required.

If you are bringing alcohol to enjoy around the fire afterwards & don't have a tow vehicle to leave it in, you can leave it at the pavilion where the bonfire will be. If you are concerned about it, see me and you can lock it in my enclosed trailer.

We will be providing dogs, buns, chips, etc for a social time starting at 4:00 pm. Donation jars will be out and donations are appreciated. Bring your own drinks. We will have koolaid and coffee. Look for the group around the bonfire under a pavilion.

If you need to go out for food, there is a McDonalds and DQ in Rose City or you can go to the Clear Lake bar which is about 20 minutes away. Grocery and gas is also availalble in Rose City.

DON'T FORGET A TOY FOR THE TOYS FOR TOTS PROGRAM. The marines will be there.

GLFWDA and GL4x4 clothing will be available for sale.

This post may be edited as someone reminds me that I forgot something.

GLFWDA and GL4x4 want to thank you for your participation. This should be a great day. I am looking forward to seeing you all there.

Jim

94_xj_country

i propose a meet and greet at the hill crest after the run, i know chris will be up for it, anyone else?
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

Hill crest?? no idea what that is but okay.

Anonymous

A bar a few miles north of Rose City .......  ooga

Anonymous

Quote from: "Harley"A bar a few miles north of Rose City .......  ooga

don't forget that you will be totting Brendan with you.....no ooga for you :)

LOL!  ::trout::

longarm

Geeeze Mel, you havn't even left yet and you already want to know when your leaving.   ::poke::                   :mrgreen:

I'll be there bright and early, around 8am or so to get briefed on doing cooler check and stuff like that.