So, who's going to Rose City on 12-1-07???

Started by dbikers, November 26, 2007, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosilla

Matt i will have my trailer if we need it. :)

ouchman

coppied from gl4x4

OSTC Last comments! Dec 1st event questions/answers list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we're going to have 200+ rigs and 400+ people. This is going to be a very large gathering. Thought I would give some info out really quick as to help prevent confusion. I have also received lots of pm's in the last three days, and I will answer those questions here too.

1. Cost - $15.00 per vehicle. NOT per person.

2. EVERYBODY must check in and sign a waiver. You must also sign a waiver for your underage passengers  We will be checking to make sure you have signed waivers as you enter the park.

3. Profit. Neither I, nor GLFWDA is making anything off this. We already have a reduced rate from Deano. He normally charges more for dirtbikes to be on the property. In fact, we're paying out of pocket for food, etc. We will have a donations jar out. After out of pocket expenses are covered, all remaining moneys will go to Toys For Tots. **This is a NON-PROFIT event**

4. Don't forget your toys! Its of course not mandatory! Some people are bringing a single $5.00 toy, others are bringing $100.00 in toys. Every toy helps :)

5. The gates will be opened at 9:00am. Nobody can be on the course until 11am. I'm sure you can imagine what would happen if 200+ rigs show up at 11am. Please feel free to show up at 9am and mingle with the crowds :)

6. NO NO NO NO ALCOHOL in the park! If you plan on staying for the bonfire, please keep all your alcohol in your tow rig, or you can check it in with Jim Kitson to keep in his locked car hauler. There will be alcohol allowed after the course is closed.

7. Food. GLFWDA is supplying lots of hot dogs, koolaid, chips and Coffee. We will have a fire going all day to cook them on, as well as a grill.

8. Safety. We will have "hill monitors" to help out with the flow of traffic on the three major hills. Two of these hills have VERY VERY large dropoffs at some of the places. We are not monitoring these hills to tell the seasoned drivers how to do it, we are simply going to be there to help out the newbies in hill climbing, winch out stuck vehicles, and warn people of the nasty terrain. If the hills are congested, we will have to do the 3 and out rule in order to let everybody have a chance.

Also, we will be posting one way signs on some of the tougher trails. Please follow these as they will prevent congestion on the tougher trails!

9. PLEASE do not expect to be trail riding on the park all day. Chances are you will get to see most of the park, but you have to remember we will have a lot of 4x4's out there.

10. Public trail system. Theres a very large trail system near the park, including bull gap which is right down the stree. If you choose to go out in groups for those trails, please keep the groups to a minimum. The DNR will be out on the public trails, and they do know of this event. GLFWDA nor GL4x4 are setting up public trail rides.

11. Closing time! As of right now we are going to be closing the park at dusk. This may changed if the circumstances are right. We may have some night riding, but this is up to the property owner.

12. PARKING! We will have parking attendants! Keep trailer parking tight. We might have 100+ trailers

Thanks to everybody whos showing up! Sounds like this event is going to be one hell of a gathering, and its great to see that a bunch of newer rigs/faces are going to be there! If anybody happens to want to bring some food. go ahead. Bags of pretzels, chips, bottled water, etc is all helpful. Rose City does have a grocery store!

Thanks again, Gl4x4 and GLFWDA

**People who are helping put on this event**

We will be there around 7:30am. At the latest, please show up at 9am. Thanks

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

rulman

still haven't meet anyone from group, but i'll be there, looking forward to it
 :lol:

Nosilla

Rulman. You are welcome to follow us up. Or just look for a club sticker. We normally run channel 12 on the cb's.

Nosilla

Everyone still a go for tomorrow? Since the weather looks like it is gonna be total crap. At this point i think i will just drive the jeep up. Not sure if i want to pull the trailer in 6 inches of snow.

ouchman

still in -1 kid

edit: now kidless
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

longarm

6 inches of snow?  Sounds like it's gonna be fun.  Were still going and will be there about 8:30.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

JEEPSALESGUY

I regret to inform everyone that I will not be attending. At this moment, it sounds like my mother-in-law may have had a stroke. We are awaiting the test results.

Guy
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

alipotter46

Sorry to hear that Guy. Keep us informed. My prayers are with you and your family.

JEEPSALESGUY

Thanks Alice, I'll keep everyone posted

Paul Hittie

Sorry to hear it Guy - let us know if there's anything we can do besides keeping her in our prayers.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

dbikers

Quote from: "alipotter46"Sorry to hear that Guy. Keep us informed. My prayers are with you and your family.
Not much else to say but exactly the same thing....our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

Anonymous

same here, Guy.  As always, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.  Let us know what we can do, if anything.

JEEPSALESGUY

Well, she was finally admitted today, and they're 98% sure it wasn't a stroke. However they have no idea was it wrong. So, back to square one i guess!