Who's going to Pig Gig?

Started by astrogiblet, July 13, 2007, 03:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Is WLB going to be making an appearance at Pig Gig? They are saying to bring flags/banners to mark your clubs campsites/sections off. I was just wondering who all is going to go, or if anybody is going to go?

Is it really as big of an event as people are making it out to be?

-Brandon

Nosilla

yes it is a very big event. I went last year for the first time and i would say there was no less than 150 4x4's there. probally closer to 200.

naypalm

I'm going!

Nosilla

I am not sure if i am going yet. It is a good time though.

astrogiblet

Yea.. I'd like to go, but reading on GL4x4, they said they design the event for people with at least one locker and 33 inch tires. And they put up a poll to see if people want them to make it even harder, make it so 35's are standard.

CC did say that a large portion of the people that go are stockers though, so they should keep it at the same difficulty.. By then I should have my 33's and my two lifts on.

-Brandon

Nosilla

Thats just for the coarse that is at Marv's. They do trail runs allday on Saturday and party big on Friday and Saturday night.

Marvs coarse is fun to watch though.

jeepgirl95

Okay, I am clueless......what, where and when is this,,,,,,,LOL :oops:

Nosilla

West branch. Big pig roast and party weekend with some wheelin to boot. i believe it is the beginning of september this year.

Check out this link.
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=48077

LeePotter

Went last year...was a blast beside the cold...They split into groups to do diffrent type of trails.

astrogiblet

You still gonna be stock by then Lee?

-Brandon

LeePotter

If I do anything by then it will probally just be a BB

astrogiblet

Yea, I'll probably have the same done by then, and maybe 33's or something.. But we could both do the stock runs.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

what the heck is pig gig   is it a open house at a jenny craig meeting??
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

lol!!!

Pig Gig is a big get together/offroading event. From what I gather, they say its not supposed to be centered around offroading, but more centered around a family environment and the camping/cooking and other events going on there.

They say that, but at the same time, if you look at the section on GL4x4, its all about drinking and partying (or so it seems), and who can get away with what.. But thats just my somewhat objective opinion from what I've read.

I'd like an actual first hand writeup about it from someone.. Preferably someone with kids and how "family friendly" it actually is.

-Brandon

99grandtj

It is pretty much a family thing till about midnight. After that watch out! That is why it is best to camp up front if you have kids. I didn't take my kids last year but will be taking my daughter this year.

It gets pretty wild at night. And maybe the occasional mud wrestling match during the day.
99 tonj 3.5" FT LA stretched, 60/70u, 37\'s
47 cj2a work in progress