Pics from my absence

Started by rallykid, June 01, 2009, 12:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

So as some of you may have noticed we were gone for a while and not cluttering up the board for a couple of weeks. We finally took the vacation that was so sorely needed.

After a trip Friday the 15th to see Dope play at The Machine Shop we packed up and headed to Roscommon to the cabin for the weekend. We propmptly muddied the Jeep and scraped a lot of paint off on some narrow trails all the while having a blast. Janine even got to drive on her first trail run. The bumper got tweaked in a mud pit right after this pic was taken and someone in an F150 got buried in a huge mud hole in the middle of the road which kept us up to 4 AM trying to get him out.

We spent Saturday and Sunday hanging out in the woods and Monday headed off to the Upper Peninsula and on to Mackinac Island for 6 days for some relaxation and biking.

Here is one of the hundred pics that Janine took while we were crossing the bridge

View of the bridge from the island

Random pics, lots of freighters and a tug that was doing some work at the docks.

Round Island Lighthouse

Me getting ready for an adrenaline rush and pushing the limits of the law

Arch Rock

Even I was not crazy enough to try this hill..........again

Some of the best views on the Island

Mrs. Rallykid at Devils Kitchen

Beautiful Sunrise

One of our favorite little known trails on the island to bike

Leaving the Island

All in all we had our usual fantastic time on the island, got to catch up with old friends not seen since last year when we were there and can't wait to go back again. Since time off is becoming very scarce at work this may be the last one for a while so we figured we would enjoy it.

On a side note the new KM2's did fantastic in the mud. I went places I never would have attempted on my 31 inch AT's and they performed flawlessly on the ride up to the UP and all the way back. Definitely recommending them to anyone who needs a streetable mud tire.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

naypalm

Awesome pics! Mackinac Island is one of my favorite places to visit in MI. Did you go visit any of the Falls in the UP?

rallykid

Nope, didn't make it up that far this time.  Usually we make a trip up to Whitefish bay or up to the locks but just went for the cabin and the Island this trip.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

LPM606

Julie, Gabrielle and I were up on Macinaw Island on Saturday the 23rd for the day.  Had a great day and also took tons of pictures.  Toured Ft. Macinac on the island and got to see them fire the late 1800's model springfield breech loaders and the cannon.  We took the carriage tour and saw archrock, etc.  Didn't get down where you were to get pictures of the rock from below - those are nice pics!

Herezja

Melissa and I took a day during our honeymoon to go to Mackinac Island. We can't spend as much time as we would like, since I am really allergic to horses. It was my first time there and I definitely want to go back again.

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

::Jeep::