What did your JEEP do to YOU today?

Started by rallykid, June 03, 2009, 04:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

We have a what did you do to your Jeep today thread but I am curious, what did your Jeep do to you today? We all have those little annoyances and things that pop up, it comes with owning a Jeep.

As an example, mine decided to irritate me by breaking part of the shaft from the speed sensor off inside the speedometer gear when I pulled it out requiring a new sensor and housing.  :x  How about yours?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

TechJeeper

Sounds like a Jeep thing  ::poke::  lol

On a side note, I seen you going down Center Rd today.

rallykid

Yup, I didn't realize it was you until I was almost past. Had to stop at Starbucks and try to kill my caffeine headache I had going.  :D

LPM606

Our Jeep got me scolded by the service manager at victor george... After that mounds trip, I never hosed it off and there was about a pound of mud inside the right rear wheel and he told julie it looks like I have the transmission encased in concrete... He was not pleased.

Speaking of which, does anybody have some type of ramps I can drive it up on to try to get under it with a power washer?

Paul Hittie

I have 2 sets of ramps, remind me and I'll bring them Saturday.  I saw video of a guy throwing a winch strap over a stout tree branch once to lift up the front end to power wash the underside, thought that was a great idea.

I love Torx head fasteners.  My last trip to the transmission shop left me with needing to replace the fan clutch and the TPS.  Fan clutch was pretty straight forward, but the Torx head screws that hold the TP refused to let go, rounded out the head.  If you have never swapped the TPS on a 4.0 (which should be a 10 minute job), the screws face the firewall, not enough room to drill it out or use and easy out.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

i had a fun time yesterday pams wj left us stranded in north branch had to have my cousin come get us them him and i went to retrive it with my car trailer and truck got it half up the ramps and on a whim tried to start it of course it fired right up      so we decided to drive it home    went to start my f250 to leave and it wouldnt start  :cry:    we had to jump it with the wj and limp them both home      this morning i replaced the crank position sensor and all is well    but what a pain
Let\'s go wheeling!

LPM606

I think Paul gets the murphy's law award for this week!

Nosilla

Maybe it is Karma.  ::ouch::

jeepfan1974

oh i left out that when i got home i noticed one of my trailers wheel bearings was shattered   so i guess i am lucky that i didnt put her jeep on the trailer that could have been another mess
Let\'s go wheeling!

rallykid

My jeep got hot enough today in the parking lot at work that a can of pepsi blew the entire top off. The inside of the Jeep, the carpet, the rear and side windows onthe soft top, the rear seat and the top are all covered with a sticky brown goo. Thursday is going to be a fun cleanup....... :evil:

I had planned on spending the day tracking down the strange front end shake I have aquired. I am not sure whether to hope it isn't another track bar or hope it IS another track bar and not something worse.  :shock:

naypalm

Quote from: "rallykid"My jeep got hot enough today in the parking lot at work that a can of pepsi blew the entire top off. The inside of the Jeep, the carpet, the rear and side windows onthe soft top, the rear seat and the top are all covered with a sticky brown goo. Thursday is going to be a fun cleanup....... :evil:
Meh, It'll harden eventually and prevent rust maybee. lawl ::Jeep::

rallykid

I figure if it stays sticky it will help keep the passengers in place during spirited off road maneuvers.

rallykid

Today my Jeep decided to leave me with 1 fan speed on my blower. Simple fix, the resistor goes out and this is what happens. I picked up the resistor and swapped it out (could they make that thing any harder to get to?) only to turn it on and find that I still only had 1 speed and the switch was arcing.......$21 for the resistor and $75 for the control panel that will be in Thursday.  ::ouch::

naypalm

Quote from: "rallykid"Today my Jeep decided to leave me with 1 fan speed on my blower. Simple fix, the resistor goes out and this is what happens. I picked up the resistor and swapped it out (could they make that thing any harder to get to?) only to turn it on and find that I still only had 1 speed and the switch was arcing.......$21 for the resistor and $75 for the control panel that will be in Thursday.  ::ouch::

My dads truck is doing the same thing, I might have to look into doing this since the shop will charge $500+ for this fix. Where did you go for parts?

rallykid

I just grabbed them at Friendly in Lapeer. Janines cousin works there so I get a lot of my stuff there.