Look what followed me home

Started by rallykid, March 20, 2010, 12:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

Thanks to a heads up from Neil and a road trip with Mitch I scored a new bumper and tire carrier. It is an early Koz Offroad built by Koz when he was still doing all of his own welding. It needs a lot of cleanup and new bearings but for the price it is worth it. Especially since I can get it sand blasted for beer money.  :D  Going to replace the bearings in the spindle and clean up the stuff that I don't need, coat it in bedliner and bolt it up. All of the extra screws, bolts, nuts and associated hardware are accounted for except for the bottom plate for the Jerry can mount and the frame tie-ins.

Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Nosilla

:D  ::Jeep::

Paul Hittie

Nice!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rallykid

A few parts didn't survive teardown. I have some bolt holes that I need to get welded up for things I will not be putting back on and an extra bracket to get cut off. Hope to have it sandblasted this week.

rallykid

I may need heavier rear springs after we mount this thing.  :shock:

rallykid

It is done except for frame tie ins and a new tray for the can mount. Pics are in the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread.

TechJeeper

Quote from: "rallykid"It is done except for frame tie ins and a new tray for the can mount. Pics are in the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread.

We might have some trys for the jerry cans at work, want me to check for you?

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rallykid"It is done except for frame tie ins and a new tray for the can mount. Pics are in the "What did you do to your Jeep today" thread.

Having just finished shopping for the frame tie-ins, Rockhard 4x4 was the cheapest "name brand", but only by $1.00 after their outrageous $14 shipping fee.  I found a couple cheaper options, but the welds looked like I did them - which was exactly why I was buying them and not making them in the first place LOL.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

rallykid

They wanted $15 to ship my 3rd brake light. Quadratec did it for $4.99 and it was the same price for the light. I have no idea why Rock Hard is so high on their shipping prices. Neil said he could whip up a set so I am going to check with him first.

Nosilla

Now that i know. I will have to ship you some. The shipping will only be 13.99 for pony express to deliver.

rallykid

Quote from: "Nosilla"Now that i know. I will have to ship you some. The shipping will only be 13.99 for pony express to deliver.

:lol:  Do I get them cheaper for picking them up on site?  :lol:

Nosilla

Nope ::ouch::