Looking back over the last year

Started by rallykid, March 30, 2010, 06:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

April will mark my 1 year anniversary since I joined our little group here. It seems like it has been a lot longer than that. Looking back over the last year a lot has happened and I have made a lot of friends here. I want to say thanks to everyone for making the new guy feel welcome that first day.

A few things stand out over the last year.

Neil has always been there to help out and continues to be whenever something needs to be cut, welded, torched, built or destroyed.

Mitch has become another family member around our house

Matt is there at the drop of a hat to pitch in whenever he is needed to help lift heavy things.

Cody is always volunteering to help for any project we dream up

Hittie almost always has any part you are looking for and is quick to make it available

If it wasn't for Doug sending me a message on offroad jeepers I wouldn't have known WLB existed.

Ed is always the calm in the storm (generally a storm we have created) and is the one that offsets the chaos of the rest of us.

Prentiss always reminds me that I am on HIS turf when I see him in Lapeer

Chris (Herezja) is always good for a wheeling story

Derrick is always fun and usually has a good stuck story

To those above and all of you I say thank you for the last year and I look forward to many more. We're not so much a club in my eyes as one big Jeep loving dysfuntional family. Is there really a better family to belong to?
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

jeepfan1974

and you are that creepy uncle  :lol:   but we are happy to have you anyhow ::woot::  ::woot::
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rallykid"Hittie almost always has any part you are looking for and is quick to make it available

Aah, but more often than not hittie doesn't tell you he had that part until after you paid real money for it somewhere else!

(Anyone need speedo gears?)

The toughest part about hanging around here long enough is the friends that have come and gone over the years - it is a bit like a dysunctional family at times, and like any family it is tough to see friends move on.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Well Said!

Boraien

aww...i'm so happy to have become part of this little family.....i can't wait to meet all of you wone of these times i'm not busy wrecking my jeep the day before the meeting

rallykid

The creepy uncle of the group looks forward to meeting you too  :lol:

Hittie - Speaking of parts if you know someone that is interested in an LJ hitch I have one that I am not using that I am sure you are familiar with.  :D

We may fight like family sometimes (ask Adam, we have been picking at each other for 20 or 21 years now  ::poke:: ) but when it comes down to it we have each others backs and that is what really matters.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rallykid"Hittie - Speaking of parts if you know someone that is interested in an LJ hitch I have one that I am not using that I am sure you are familiar with.  :D

should fit 2003-2006 TJ or LJ

Sorry, back on topic.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ricochet1987

ya thats right keep talking bad about me swamping my jeep lmao
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

LPM606

It is an intersting and rewarding experience being a member of the club.  I can confess that I have literally never joined any sort of club or team in my entire life, so wandering into sharky's 2 1/2 years ago was a big step.  Julie and I had some fun attending camp jeep two years in a row with our old Liberty and were hoping to find a club so we could do some trails and such with people who knew what they were doing and could give us some advise and pointers.  We certainly found that here, plus more.  I certainly miss Neil, Alice, and John, and hope they make it back to our ranks before too long, but we still have a great group of people that are always willing to help each other out.  

Ed "calm in the storm" Schroeder

Herezja

::woot::