To those that joined the ranks of the Jeepless....

Started by rallykid, November 14, 2010, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

I may soon be among you.  :cry:  The Jeep has come to the point that it is no longer finacially viable to keep as a daily driver. I am spending more on gas than I am for my payment and insurance combined. I can't afford to keep it as Janine is going to need a new car as well soon so it may be moving on and I will be getting something more fuel effecient as a daily driver if I can work a decent trade.

HOWEVER, when it goes we will be keeping an eye out for CJ's, YJ's and older TJ's after Janine gets a new car that we can pick up cheap as a 3rd vehicle to wheel so it is not all bad. Besides, if I am not using a Jeep as my DD I am not as concerned about damaging it so I can wheel it harder. So I may be Jeepless for a while in the near future but it is not a permanent situation.  ::woot::
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

TechJeeper

:o  :(

TechJeeper

TechJeeper

Paul Hittie

At this rate we may need to change the name to What Lies Beyond JEEPLESS Club  ::ouch::
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

I hear XJ's are still $500  ::poke::

Herezja

Quote from: "rallykid"I may soon be among you.  :cry:  The Jeep has come to the point that it is no longer finacially viable to keep as a daily driver. I am spending more on gas than I am for my payment and insurance combined. I can't afford to keep it as Janine is going to need a new car as well soon so it may be moving on and I will be getting something more fuel effecient as a daily driver if I can work a decent trade.

HOWEVER, when it goes we will be keeping an eye out for CJ's, YJ's and older TJ's after Janine gets a new car that we can pick up cheap as a 3rd vehicle to wheel so it is not all bad. Besides, if I am not using a Jeep as my DD I am not as concerned about damaging it so I can wheel it harder. So I may be Jeepless for a while in the near future but it is not a permanent situation.  ::woot::

Would you happen to have a winch bumper on the front of that beast that you are willing to trade for a stock TJ bumper (with fog lights) and a little cash? I broke my current bumper in half (don't ask) and am looking for a DEAL-E-O on a replacement.

rallykid

I do not sir, still running the stock front bumper. However I do still have your freshly repaired hi lift that I still owe you for.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Nosilla

200.00 and you can buy my front bumper Chris.

Herezja

Quote from: "Nosilla"200.00 and you can buy my front bumper Chris.

Oh yeah? Does it have a winch mount with it? Have a pic of it?

Thanks!

TechJeeper

Quote from: "Herezja"
Quote from: "Nosilla"200.00 and you can buy my front bumper Chris.

Oh yeah? Does it have a winch mount with it? Have a pic of it?

Thanks!

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/2036943913.html

Nosilla

thanks Cody.

Herezja

Quote from: "Nosilla"thanks Cody.

Actually, since you are a welder extrordinaire....would you mind taking a look at mine and see if you can fix it? It seems to have split along the welded seems. I can snap a pic or two this evening when I get home. It will probably need to be heated up and finessed back into place then welded along the side and bottom seams.

Or.....I have a boat load of spare parts hanging around. If you are looking for something, do you think we could work out a trade of some sort??

Nosilla

Take some pictures and i will see what is going on.

I don't need any parts right now, unless you have a rear drive shaft for a sye kit.

Herezja

Quote from: "Nosilla"Take some pictures and i will see what is going on.

I don't need any parts right now, unless you have a rear drive shaft for a sye kit.

Funny you should say that....I actually happen to have a rear SYE draftshaft sitting around. Don't know if it will work for you as it is the stock driveshaft from my Rubicon, but it does work with the SYE kit that was installed from the factory and probably aftermarket SYE's as well (never really looked into it).