Updates on my absence

Started by rallykid, June 22, 2011, 11:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my disappearance as I haven't been around much.

We found out a couple of weeks ago that dad has cancer so that pretty much brought everything to a screeching halt. The original prognosis was good and with the new treatments he would get 3 treatments in a week and be fine. Now more spots have shown up on a scan and they are not sure what they are. If they prove to be cancer then that will be 8 weeks of radiation therapy and a much worse gig so we are holding out hope for the best.

Last month my cousin Angie had a heart attack and didn't make it through. She was a couple of years older than me so that was a shocker.

2 days ago my cousin had a seizure and died, she was around my age so that came as a surprise as well.

Most of the family is in Alabama right now as my aunt had surgery today and they gave her about a 10% chance of making it through. She survived the surgery and is in ICU at the moment so we are waiting to see what happens there.

Needless to say things have been a bit hectic around here and working 10-15 hour days are not helping things out. Not sure when things are going to go back to what passes for normal around here but just wanted to let everyone know that I hadn't completely fallen off the face of the Earth and I am still around.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

TechJeeper

We will keep you and your family in our prayers Matt.  I hope everything works out, stay positive and keep everyone in an upbeat mood.  Let us know if there is anything we can do.  I know when they found out my mom had cancer it was so freightening, but it's important to stay positive and keep him positive, do not let them give up and they can beat it!  Thanks for the update, I havn't been around much myself.

Paul Hittie

Sounds like a lot to deal with - hang tough and keep us posted if you need anything
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. That is a lot to deal with in a short time. Keep your head up high and think positive. If you need anything from your "jeep" family you know you can count on us to help out!

NewRide

Sorry to hear of your losses ... Your family is in our thoughts and prayers
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepfan1974

We have your family in our prayers.     Think positive and positive things will happen!
Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

Sorry to hear about this Matt, Let us know if you need anything.

ouchman

Sorry about the news, i lost my last grandmother last month, and katie lost her last grandmother a week ago today, the funeral is monday.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/