ORV Stickers??

Started by Herezja, April 03, 2009, 09:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

All:

I heard a rumor the other day that Michigan requires ORV stickers on ALL offroad vehicles (that are indeed being used offroad) to include 4x4s (Jeeps, trucks, SUVs, etc) on the trails. Being a newbie to Michigan, this is the first I have ever heard of such a thing. Is this rumor true?? If so, where can I get ORV stickers for my Jeeps??

Thanks!

Chris

::Jeep::

4x4x4JK

I believe the only places that you "have to have a sticker" is at the mounds and silver lake sand dunes.  The money generatred by the sale of orv permits is used by the DNR and you should purchase one.  Last year they were $16.25 and I think they are the same this year.  You can buy it anywhere ATV's are sold, Walmart, Meijer, Gander Mountain, etc.   They are orange this year.

Nosilla

Bull gap as well. Or on any orv route if you do not have a plate from the secratary of state.

4x4x4JK

I just ran to Gander Mountain and got mine.  They are still $16.25.

Herezja

Thanks, all...I will probably head out there this weekend and buy a few.

Thanks!

Chris

Paul Hittie

There are new 4x4-only routes being marked this spring on Drummond Island that will also require an ORV sticker.

Technically you do not need one to use the rest of the ORV Route miles in the DNR inventory - however, a Director's Order from Director Humphries is instructing LED officers to tell ORV route users with whom they have contact with that they ARE required.  So the short answer is if you prefer to avoid a hassle, you need one if you are using the ORV route system.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Herezja

No worries....I went and bought 3 stickers yesterday for all the Jeeps. Figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the info, everybody!

Chris