new here

Started by ricochet1987, June 25, 2009, 09:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

Hey I am new here Matt told me about this site and this is his jeep clubs website.....i am going to be getting a yj soon when i get outta the marines...i cant wait to be in the civilian life going to school with my gi bill lol

but like my other post im looking for a cj or yj....early 90s late 80s....if anyone can help and point me in the right direction that would be great..i would love to join the club once i get one to!! ::woot::
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

TechJeeper

Hey Derrik! Whats up! Its Cody.   Welcome to the site.

ricochet1987

thanks....whats been up with you man..i hear from matt your jeeps giving you some problems lol....ya hopefully by nov dec time i can get myself a cj or yj ....88-95....stick shift of course and join the club!! u see any cheep jeeps let me know ::Jeep::

ouchman

hello, and welcome
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

TechJeeper

Quote from: "ricochet1987"thanks....whats been up with you man..i hear from matt your jeeps giving you some problems lol....ya hopefully by nov dec time i can get myself a cj or yj ....88-95....stick shift of course and join the club!! u see any cheep jeeps let me know ::Jeep::

lol yea its a Jeep.  I will keep an ear out for ya.  Every now and again you can find a smoking deal on a YJ or even a CJ.

ricochet1987

oh ya...i know theres one in warren but they want 3800 for it its an 89 and has like 189,000 miles ....thats a lil high lol....but ya deff i can't wait to join.....go and tackle the hill at st helens im sure matt told you about that we got my suzuki stuck in lol....how hard would it be for me to switch my leaf springs to on top of the axels  when i get my jeep?? something i can do in my parents drivway?
 ::woot::

TechJeeper

You can get a TJ for 3800 if you want to spend that kind of money....

No idea about the spring over, someone here might have insight though, I am sure you would need a welder.  I know nothing about leafs, coils ftw!

P.S. Get a CJ if you can, real Jeeps have round headlights  ::poke:: lol

[O||||||O]

Paul Hittie

If it is in good shape, $3800 isn't unreasonable for a YJ.  But an '89 means no fuel injection and the lovely Peugot transmission (unless someone has swapped those lovely relics out already).  I would hold out for a '91-'95 4.0 with the AX-15 5 speed.  Or a driveable CJ with a 304  :twisted: .  

Converting to spring-over is a big job, need welding skills.  You have to move the spring perches to the top of the axle, brake lines and shocks will need to be replaced, SYE & CV driveshaft, steering will need to be redone and you will need to deal with axle wrap.  Plus, you will probably need to replace the springs with stock to +1.5" springs if the stock springs are shot.  Lots of work, need to do your homework.  If it was me I would think about a 4" RE Extreme kit, 1" body lift and some trimming.  It would be a lot happier on the road, would fit about the same tire, and would be a lot less work.

By the way, welcome to our forums from a former YJ guy.   ::Jeep::
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Welcome to the forums! Glad you made it! ::woot::

LPM606

Welcome to the Site.  Good Luck with your Jeep, whatever you decide.  Hope to meet you in person in the near future!

Ed

longarm

Welcome Devildog!  Hey, there is a SWEEt looking YJ for sale over by the Marathon gas station on M-15 in Davison.  I drove slow by it and it didn't look to have any rust on it at all.  It was white.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

ricochet1987

thanks for the welcomes, ya im still looking and daydreaming..lol i am prolly going to have the money by nov dec time....im looking for 91-95...manual 5 or 6 speed...spending 2-4 grand..