"Fall" route maintenance

Started by Paul Hittie, July 10, 2009, 07:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Our calendar says we are scheduled to go back up August 21 to do trail maintenance again.  The only weekend my wife and I were able to coordinate our Lake Michigan fishing trip (Captain Art rocks!) is that same weekend.  Can we move our maintenance weekend without messing up everyone else's schedule for the summer?

FYI we will need lots of warm bodies for this next trip, there are several areas where we will need to drop off weed-wacker crews for several hours at a time while other groups run the rest of the trails.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Hey Paul, what is the "cleaned-up by" date set by GLFWDA or DNR? Maybe we can do this the weekend of the 29th or maybe in early September?

Hopefully I'll have a day job by then cause this layoff crap is annoying.

ouchman

ill have the calender at the next meeting and can address this, thanx paul
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

Gotta be done before the Labor Day weekend

Paul Hittie

We are going to need to address any sign issues while we are up there, and after trying to haul 10' posts in my Jeep last month to re-sign the St Helen Route I think I am going to need to pull my trailer up there for the lumber.  It means I won't be moving as quickly as the last trip up there (you're welcome!), but it also means we can haul all of the equipment up on my trailer instead of our club barge.

We changed the date at the last meeting to 8/29 if you didn't catch it in the minutes.

LPM606

Are folks planning on meeting at Courtland center again on Saturday morning the 29th for trail maintenance?  We have open seats if anyone needs a lift and would like to caravan up if possible as I still don't really know the area up there.  As we mentioned at the meeting, if we need the extra vehicle, we can bring the JK and the Liberty depending on who needs a lift...