bedliner

Started by ricochet1987, September 25, 2009, 01:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

I am getting a jeep wrangler. Has a little floorboard rust. I am going to get that fixed then i want to get that roll on bedliner stuff for the tub. What is the best brand and how much should i get for a 93 yj?
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

longarm

I sent ya a PM.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

hmmmm wonder what brand mitch told him    :lol:
Let\'s go wheeling!

NewRide

Start with POR-15 !! After that I don't care what you put on it it will never rust again !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

longarm

What he said.   :mrgreen:   Line-X is great.  I didn't think of that though, if it's an older Jeep, base coat it with POR-15.  Although, that stuff is a bit expensive isn't it?  From what I have seen, if I was doing any kind of restoration, POR-15's the stuff to use as a base.
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

what?????????????????????????????   DUPLICOLOR TRUCK BEDLINER !!   dont agree try to sandblast mitch's fenders  last time it took me like 12 hours it is all in the prep work though
Let\'s go wheeling!

longarm

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"what?????????????????????????????   DUPLICOLOR TRUCK BEDLINER !!   dont agree try to sandblast mitch's fenders  last time it took me like 12 hours it is all in the prep work though

I love you man!  You worked you ass off on those.  I had something like 8 spray can's between the two fenders too.   :mrgreen:

If it rusts throught this time, then there is an issue.  What was it, a quart can, plus about 12 can's?  Something like that.  Thanks again Paul.

NewRide

POR 15 is expensive I will give you that . But ... I  just used it on my bumpers tire carrier frame wench plate CB bracket floor pans and nerf bars ... And they look like they were sprayed . I brushed mine and it goes a LONG LONG LONG way . And its as hard as a rock ! I hit my wench plate with a hammer in between coats to see what would happen. Nothing !!! Thats what happened !  No marks no cracking nothing ... I know it fades a bit with the uv rays but hell ... after a base coat of por you can put whatever you want on it .. even the dupicolor stuff. Wish I would have used this stuff when I redid my Jeep ... I wouldn't be doing it again now.
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

naypalm

Gratz on the '92 YJ, Derrick!  ::woot::

jeepfan1974

x2   square headlights are cooler you dont see as many
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

thank you i love it....and the square headlights are the way to go!! lol ....other then my rear ujoint snapping and having to replace the rear yoke its great
 ::woot:: ..
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

LPM606

Glad you found a jeep... whatever the headlights might be, you will have lots of fun with it.  Let us know if you need any help with it.  I am not the most mechanically inclined of the group, but I am great at holding parts in place while other people work on them...

Ed

Paul Hittie

Ed is the best instruction-reading, tool-fetching Jeep guy I have ever worked with!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance