98 TJ wiper problem

Started by rallykid, January 22, 2010, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallykid

My friend Lindsay has a 98 TJ with a wiper problem.

She said they stopped working unless she turned them on high and then they suddenly stopped working completely. She is thinking it is the switch but I have never changed one out. How bad are they to do?

I know the switches in the old Dodge van we had was a nightmare as the steering wheel most of the column had to be removed. Any other suggestions of what to check other than the switch? I haven't had a chance to dig into it. Not sure if they have a resistor that burns out like the blower motor.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Paul Hittie

Can't say anything about a TJ, but my Suburban was as bad as your old Dodge van.  When I sold the 'Burb, the replacement turn-signal stalk was still in the glovebox, right where I put it a year earlier.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

I changed the whipper thing on my TJ, I had the simple 3 speed, low/high/off stalk and put a delay one in from an XJ.  I might still have the old one.  It took me about an hour to replace, total, it was easy.

rallykid

Thanks guys. I will let her know. I have been slammed at work and haven't had a chance to talk to her for a few days.

4x4x4JK

Does your friend by chance work at PetSmart in Grand Blanc or did?

rallykid

Yup, she used to.