deciding on lift.....

Started by ricochet1987, March 04, 2010, 07:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

i am deciding between a 4 in and a 6 in lift ....i have i think 2 in body lift and im wanting 35"x12.5" cooper discoverer stt's i am going to be getting an sye kit and rear cv driveshaft but trying to figure out how much lift i need thanks for the help ::Jeep::
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Nosilla

if you have a 2" body all you need is the 4"

I have that on mine and run 35's easy

Paul Hittie

I have never heard anyone running springs 6" springs that said the ride was anything short of kidney-busting.  You should do some poking around on JeepForum.com for some feedback.  If you want to go 6", you might as well do spring over and go 7", but that's kind of overkill for 35s.  Go 4" and trim whatever rubs.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

NewRide

Like I told you today ... Black Diamond 3.5 lift 1 inch shackle lift SYE and a grinder ;-)
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Boraien

//www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-10.htm

this is a nice chart for how high for how big a tire..

NewRide

Just remember when using that chart to make sure you are measuring the true height of the tire ! My Goodyear MTR's 33x12.5x15 are actually 32 inches tall.
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

Someone explain what a 33" "class" of tire is?  That's how BFG describes my 32.4" BFG all terrains.  My 32" TSl Swampers with 70% tread were the same height as my BFGs.  A little noisier,  :mrgreen:  but just as tall.

Boraien

same reason a 4" lift is only 3.5"

jeepfan1974

in my recent experiances i would spring over the rear (its easy) and do 4 inch springs and 2 inch boomarang shackles up front  that would be way easier than what i did   that will give you 6 inches plus your body lift my 35 just barley touch the flares at full stuff i have 8 inch total lift 6 suspention & 2 body
Let\'s go wheeling!

ricochet1987

Quote from: "jeepfan1974"in my recent experiances i would spring over the rear (its easy) and do 4 inch springs and 2 inch boomarang shackles up front  that would be way easier than what i did   that will give you 6 inches plus your body lift my 35 just barley touch the flares at full stuff i have 8 inch total lift 6 suspention & 2 body
ya i'll do that ...now as far as tires i'll go with 35's just because i can get 6 in with out paying for a 6in lift....um ....should i just leave my 31 as my spare or should i get a 35 as a spare

Paul Hittie

You will need to find a used spare somewhere along the way - anything >3" different in size is not safe to use with open differentials.  With some lockers >3/8" difference can trash your running gear, so you lock it you would really need to get a matching size spare, or be prepared to rotate your tires to get matching tires on your locked/posi axle and put the mismatched ones on the open axle.

ricochet1987

so would it be wise to just get 5 35s instead of 4

Paul Hittie

Just need a cheapo 33-35" used tire for a spare

ricochet1987

got the new axles in and everything bleeding them damn bleeder valves broke off and the brake line on the rear was corroded ...damn pos lmao