Trans temp gauge

Started by StingRay66, May 23, 2012, 06:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StingRay66

Well I think it's time to start the sender for the trans temp gauge and I have a question ... which tube do I cut to put the T-block in?  The frt one that angles foreward or the one that bends toward the back and down before bending back to the front?
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

Paul Hittie

It depends - do you want the output temp or return temp from the cooler?  Mine is on the return line, matches the temp range on my gauge.  It's the line that enters just above the pan.  I installed it on the vertical part before the clip that holds the two lines together.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

Thanks for the advice Paul I put on the return also after some thinking it seemed to make the most sense. I had the hard stuff done so it only took a little while to cut the tube and install the T-block.....and it works

:)
Russ

gogolen

Temp guage is a handy piece of kit to have, how long did it take to put in Russ?

StingRay66

Well I put the gauges and wire harness in a few months ago and it took about an hour and a half to put the sender in and  connect it to power yesterday so I guess somewhere between 3 hours and 3 months give or take a day or 2:)
Russ

Paul Hittie

Mine was about the same - most of an afternoon, give or take a beer or two.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance