4th Annual Wheeling Against Hunger - Thanksgiving 2012

Started by TechJeeper, October 15, 2012, 08:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

What Lies Beyond Jeep Club's 4th Annual Wheeling Against Hunger canned food drive and warming tent. Located at the Pavilion of the Mounds on Thanksgiving Day. Stop by, say "Hello", and help a family in need this upcoming holiday season!  Drop by some non-perishable food items or monitory donation, all proceeds go to help the Eastern Michigan Food Bank.

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/151632744982339/

Sneak peak of the "Commutative" Coffee Mugs that will be given for a set donation amount.

Hope to see you there!

LPM606

Nice job on the flyer as usual... Can we get a stack to the mounds to hand out?

TechJeeper

I can get a PDF of it tonight and post it up.  I left it Black and White to keep printing costs down.  We should also try to get a few to Unlimited Offroad, Jeeperz Creeperz, JCR and any other shops we can think of...  Maybe a laminated copy for the mounds, and see if they will hang on on the booth. 

I also posted on the following sites, as well as emailed a nice little note to Flint Journal, Davison Index, NBC25 and ABC12.  I contacted the head hancho of GL4x4 to see if we can get some "front page" coverage for a brief time prior to the event.

Sites I have posted on:
Great Lakes 4x4
GLFWDA
Jeep Forum
Michigan Wheelers
Offroad Jeepers
We Got Mud

Feel free to share, post and spread the word!

LPM606

I invited most of my facebook friends to the event... even if they don't show up, maybe they will send a donation...

TechJeeper

I am going to be speaking to Andrew Averill from the Flint Journal at Noon today regarding the event. 

LPM606

I know my employer has a matching gifts program where they match my personal donations to non-profits... I have never persued it in the past, but this year I am going to ask if they might match our collection from the event.  Anybody else have a similar matching gifts thing at work?

TechJeeper

Flyer revised with the logo for The Mounds thanks to Nancy Edwards getting us a high-res copy of it. PDF copy of the flyer: http://whatliesbeyond.org/flyers/TDayFlyer2012.pdf

TechJeeper

Made one more revision to the flyer at the request of the GCP.  Updated links above.

LPM606

Nice job Cody! We should also have an article featured in the November 8th edition of the Davison Index.

TechJeeper

Paul Hittie

I am planning for 630 like Matt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

:WOOT!:

Cash donation received today from a co-worker! 

(need to save her a mug)
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

Quote from: phittie1100 on November 21, 2012, 04:45:57 PM
:WOOT!:

Cash donation received today from a co-worker! 

(need to save her a mug)

Wahoo! I'll get you one tomorrow am :)

LPM606

I already got $20 from my brother-in-law as well... We are ahead of the game before we even get there!